We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sauna in frankfurt

delhi, india
2 posts
Save Topic
sauna in frankfurt

i will be visiting frankfurt in april and will be stying in Golden leaf hotel.

I want to find out about good sauna and swimming pools near my hotel who allow nudity.

Germany
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sauna in frankfurt

As far as I know all saunas in Germany allow nudity (I've never seen anybody with clothes in a sauna although I'm sure that happens occasionally), most have opening hours for

a) women (one or two days a week)

b) men (one day a week or just a few hours)

c) mixed (the rest of the time).

I don't know a specific place where you could go but somebody from Frankfurt could probably help you, or ask your hotel, they should know.

Europe
Level Contributor
239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sauna in frankfurt

(My apologies if your question is about gay saunas - the following is "sauna sauna")

In Germany (and Switzerland, for that matter) the question is not so much whether nudity is allowed, but rather to what extent nudity will be ENFORCED. Visiting a sauna wearing bathers / swimsuits / trunks is generally considered unhygienic.

In Cologne, Neptunbad (www.neptunbad.de) is probably the best place to go. It's technically a club, but they allow guests in the sauna (not to the gym) for a fee. Nudity is strictly enforced.

Claudius-Therme (www.claudius-therme.de)is a bit more centrally located, more modern, but has less atmosphere. Nudity is allowed in the sauna itself (where it's hot) only, and patrons are requested to wear a bathrobe or to wrap themselves in a large towel in communal areas.

To those who are bemused by the concept of enforced nudity in mixed public saunas, well, I have seen large pool-with-sauna-places where the changing areas were mixed, too! and while there were three or four cubicles, for about 300 lockers, most patrons, male and female, were happy to change on the (communal, mixed) benches in front of their lockers, in full sight of anyone else. Although this is said to be rare even by German standards.

Europe
Level Contributor
239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sauna in frankfurt

AAAARGH - you're not going to Cologne but to Frankfurt, aren't you? Well, in that case Neptunbad and Claudiustherme are a bit out of the way.

The health club at the Hilton ("Wave") is generally considered best in Frankfurt, but it's open to hotel guests and members only (see www.fitcom.de for details). Titustherme is probably next best, although it's not exactly centrally located, near Nordwestzemtrum (bbf-frankfurt.de/Erlebnisbaeder_Titus_Allgem…)