We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

Haifa
1 post
Save Topic
recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

Any recommendation for a good place for breakfast near the leonardo royal hotel in otto braun strasse in Mitte , berlin

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

Café Einstein at Unter den Linden. That's where also many politicians go. It is close to Brandenburg Gate and Friedrichstraße on the famous boulevard Unter den Linden. And their Sachertorte (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachertorte) is better than the original one in Vienna/Salzburg (For years I have been playing a little game with myself: Whereever I go, I order Sachertorte if available and kind of "review" it. I have tried some 30 around the world and Café Einstein's is on top of the list.) Enjoy!

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

Edit: Café Einstein is not particularly close to your hotel, I overlooked that in your post ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,272 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

It's easy to get to it, though, on the 200 bus which stops not far from the hotel.

Aichberger, how does the sachertorte at Café Einstein in Unter den Linden compare with the sachertorte at the Café Einstein in Kurfurstenstrasse?

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

Alabastron: I haven't tried the Sachertorte at Café Einstein Kurfürstenstraße. I once wanted to order one in Friedrichstraße though and they didn't have it. But I reckon you get the same Sachertorte at Kurfürstenstraße as at Unter den Linden. To get on top of the list, a Sachertorte not only has to taste well, but it has to be authentic. So marzipan (although I like it) and butter cream are no-nos in Sachertorten. Many fail in this category.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
224 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

Not sure if you are looking for something really substantial or just basic, like a cup of coffee and a slice of bread.

We stayed at LR twice and really enjoyed their breakfast buffet, an excellent variety of food. They give you an option of prepaying it and it’s 12 euro if you do that.

On the other hand, if you are looking for something really basic ,you have a coffee maker in your room – and there is a Kaiser’s supermarket not so far from the hotel, less than 3 min walk ( when you leave the hotel, you turn left and then the first street - left again and it will be on the left side). They have a decent selection of breads and pastries.

6. Re: recommended place for breakfast in Mitte Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:12