We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

Is this a good local location to rent a apartment for a week? Im traveling with my older parents and three teenagers and want to be able to get around/ grocery shop and be able to see the sights. If there are other recommendations for better apartment locations that would be most appreicated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,715 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

Chaussestrasse is a long street. Where exactly is the apartment you're considering located? It makes a difference, so it would help to know before advising you.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
18,837 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

Agree with Alabastron, it makes a big digfference where exactly. The part of Chausseestrasse near Oranienburger Tor, adjoining Friedrichstrasse is pretty central.

We once rented an apartment in Novalisstrasse (parallel to that bit of Chausseestrasse ) and found it a perfect location to sightsee from, mainly on foot but you have U and S-Bahn near (and tram)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

Thank you so the info; I have put in a request for the exact location this morning and I hope to hear back today

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

Hello again; I heard back from the apartment manager and she is telling me the apartment is in Chausseestre, directly in front of the underfgroud station Naturkundermuseum, thanks inadvance for any adice as to if this is a ok location

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

I beleive the actual address is:

2 Zinnowitzer Strasse

Berlin

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,715 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

That is a good area, I think. The important thing for your parents is that you have a U-bahn station very nearby, so you're well-connected, two stops from Friedrichstrasse, from where you're walking distance from the Pergamon Museum and the other Museum Island museums.

Being so near the Naturkundemuseum should be a plus for your three teenagers.

I'm sure Lynda, who knows the area well, will be able to tell you more.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

Thank you very much; I'm glad I ask you at Trip Advisor, you are a wealth of information.

8. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Mitte; Chausseestr street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:12