We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Geilenkirchen...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Hello All,

I am an American living in a tiny neighborhood on the tri-border area of Germany, Holland, and Belgium...my hair has been a disaster since I moved to Europe! I will be taking a trip to Berlin mid-May 2012 and I'm hoping someone can give me a list of hairdressers to choose from who specialize in highlights and layering. I'm thinking there should be a wide range since it's a big city? Thanks for your help!

Kaarst, Germany
Level Contributor
114 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Hi Jennifer,

I think the most famous hairdresser in Berlin is Udo Walz. Of course it s not cheap. Have a look at www.udowalz.de, where to find his places and his price range.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

I had a friend who went to Udo Walz once. Her cut and colouring were o.k. but for the price she paid it wasn't good enough. I'm quite happy with www.haarmacher.com in Friedrichshain, I actually travel 1 hour one way. I either go to Peggy or Michi. They cut and colour really well for a fair price. Another hairdresser I was happy with is www.sopurefriseur.de in Schöneberg, but they are a quite a bit more expensive than Haarmacher.

Geilenkirchen...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Thank you so much!

Edited: 11 May 2012, 00:48
New York City
Level Contributor
15 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

I just got back from Berlin last week, and went to get my hair cut at Udo Walz. I am a guy, with shoulder length hair, and walked in without and appointment to get a haircut. They were very lovely, and took me right away. I had a great girl who did an amazing job, and it was only 55 euros! I usually pay 120 in the US for a decent salon, so this was a bargain. I recommend it highly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Berlin.... so many hairdressers and so few good ones. I was used to London and was beginning to despair of finding a salon where no thinning scissors were ever waved in front of me, to my horror. These scissors are used everywhere here to disguise bad haircuts and are at least forty years out of date. However I am delighted to say that I have finally found, not only a great cutter but also a great colourist. In most places here, the stylist does both and are expert at neither. At Vidal Sasson in Schluterstrasse they have experts for colour and others for cutting. My colour was done perfectly by Kira and the cut from Mirjam was wonderful. Instead of having to coax my hair into shape and then spraying it to keep it there, it just fell into place with no effort and no spray. Next morning, I brushed it and it the shape was perfect and my hair looked healthy. Not cheap but worth every euro.

Birmingham, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Great hair dresser in Berlin. Benz has an amazing personality and I go there everytime Im in Berlin.

Lahnstr. 95

U-Bhf Neukölln

12055 Berlin

Tel.: 030 - 688 17 405

Oslo, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Just came from Berlin and went to Udo Walz there. Not very impressed. My hairdressor could barely say a word in English and was too rough with my fine curly hair. I was expecting much more professional haircut for 70 Euro.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,031 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

hellooooooo... the OP was from April 2012 .. pretty sure she's either found somethng orf headed back to the states by now.

please look at the dates and determine if your info is useful or not.

*wishes for the 6 month thread closure*

Oslo, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

There a lot other people looking for a good hairdresser;-)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fabulous Hairdressers in Berlin?

Would love to know a good hairdresser close to Kaiserdamm or Bismarkstrasse. Thanks