We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good hotel?

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
A good hotel?

We are looking for a hotel, not an apartment for 6. We will happily be in two rooms. Mitte seems to be the area to stay and easy to get to everything. We have kids 7 and 9 and my parents as well. Can see that some apartments are cheaper and look nice, but at this stage in our travels, it may be nice to be in a hotel for all the little things it provides (maid service, bar downstairs, a resturant on site,etc.

I've found

Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie

Schützenstr. 11, Mitte, 10117 Berlin

What is your opinion of the Mecure??

Thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good hotel?

I've stayed in a couple of Mercures although not in Berlin. They are nice mid-range hotels.

We like staying in apartments ourselves, esp. in a city for quite a few days. Berlin is full of restaurants and other places to eat so don't worry about that. If you have an apartment you have the option to "eat in" occasionally too, should you want to. Eating out in Berlin is realatively cheap so I have to admit that I don't do much cooking when there in the normal run of things.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good hotel?

Thanks Lynda. We are travelling with my parents and our kids. We are doing a mix of apartments and hotels throughout our 5 weeks. We'll be in Berlin just 3 days, and will have been an apartment for 7 days before that. Just thought it may be good to give everyone a little bit of space. We'll get a suite or family room so we can have a lounge to hang out in together, but thought my parents may need a break from the chaos of kids! :-)

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good hotel?

It really depends on your budget, but for instance the Potsdamer Platz / Anhalter Bahnhof has numerous hotels which offer good value for money. Else I can recommend the Ramada in Schoeneberg - while not in Mitte it is in a leafy, lively area also very close to all attractions.

For a more exhaustive and unbiased list, see travelinvestenjoy.blogspot.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,958 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good hotel?

Stephan, you are welcome to the forum, and to offering help here, but please do not advertise yourself and your business. It is spam, it is not allowed: see above re No advertising or solicitation of any kind. If you this again, it will be reported.

Please read the Community Guidelines.

Edited: 15 March 2012, 23:28
London
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A good hotel?

Alabastron - it looks like you are not entirely familiar with Tripadvisor guidelines. Be sure that I have read through those and they state the following:

"We also have no objection to the inclusion of links to travel-related sites, commercial or personal, in posts".

My blog is not a for profit business. After many years of travelling, I have decided to start it to share travel-related experiences. I have, for instance, no financial interest whatsoever in the hotels I recommend. You can also see, from my Tripadvisor reviews, that my track-record is immaculate.

So the advice I am offering here is certainly not spam.

Many thanks for your understanding.

6. Re: A good hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:12