We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in Berlin,Vienna during the 1st week of March

Odessa, Texas...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear in Berlin,Vienna during the 1st week of March

My husband and I will be traveling in Germany and Austria and I'm not sure what to pack for us to wear. We'll be in Berlin the last week of February and traveling through Prague down to Vienna and Budapest. We'll be there through March. I'm expecting snow but will we need cold weather boots etc?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
70 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in Berlin,Vienna during the 1st week of March

It really depends. It can get cold and snowy/rainy in both cities, but it could be nice too. I would suggest checking the weather before you go and make sure you have outfits that cover all weather possibilities!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in Berlin,Vienna during the 1st week of March

Prepare for all weather options, pack clothes that can be combined and allow flexibility. Long-term weather forecasts beyond 2-3 days ahead are hardly more than guesswork , so these are best ignored.

Luneburg, Germany
Level Contributor
353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in Berlin,Vienna during the 1st week of March

Like the others said, the weather could be cold and wet or less cold and sunny in early march.

Be prepared for temparatures between 0°C to 15°C and some rain.

But it could also get colder with some "wet" snow.

The weatherforecast for the next 16 days will be:

wetter.com/wetter_aktuell/…

But the weather chages very quick in Germany.

I think you may not need winter boots.

I would recomend some comfy shoes, who fit to the temperatures and won't get your feet to wet if it's raining.

Even if there will be some snow, the sidewalks will be plowed during daytime.

4. Re: What to wear in Berlin,Vienna during the 1st week of March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 14:49