We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th Birthday Trip

Galway
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
40th Birthday Trip

Hello All,

I am bringing my husband on a surprise trip to berlin at the end of August to celebrate his 40th. We arrive into Schonefeld Airport and we will be attending a concert in the Mercedes-Benz Arena.

So I'm wondering what area I should be looking for a hotel - would like to be near stations that service both the airport and the arena. We will be away for two nights without our children so looking for a luxury type hotel near lots of bars and restaurants. We also love to walk to explore new cities, so a central location to alot of attractions would be great.

Any ideas / recommendations?

Dee

2 replies to this topic
Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
855 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: 40th Birthday Trip

The Mercedes Benz Arena is right on the S-Bahn line from Schönefeld into the city centre. There is a Holiday Inn right next to the Arena, but the neighbourhood is a little seedy, so you might change a better location for your hotel. You have just to follow the S-Bahn line to identify good locations for hotels. Many luxury hotels are around Gendarmenmarkt, so in walking distance to S-Bahn station Friedrichstraße. You find many bars and restaurants in the area.

In the Western part of Berlin, the luxury hotels are around Bahnhof Zoo (again, on the S-Bahn line). There, you also find many restaurants and bars.

A third neighbourhood for luxury hotels would be Potsdamer Platz, however the neighbourhood there is somewhat sterile.

Travelwise, the areas around Alexanderplatz and Ostbahnhof would also be convenient, however, you will meet the typical architecture and charm of the former GDR there.

Galway
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: 40th Birthday Trip

Thank you - I will look into those areas

Reply to: 40th Birthday Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted