We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rothenburg or Nuremburg or Wurzburg

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rothenburg or Nuremburg or Wurzburg

Hi - I will be travelling from Dresden to Munich in the second week of December - I have an extra day with me and would like to explore either of Rothenburg or Nuremburg or Wurzburg - Which one would you suggest - I am sure not more than one of these can be covered in a day. (The itinerary currently is Cologne 0.5D, Berlin 2.5D, Dresden 1D, Munich 3D and 1 extra day) - Request your suggestions (Considering that I will be there in the first 10 days of December)

Marienburg Fortress
Castles, Historic Sites, History Museums
St. Kilian Cathedral
Churches & Cathedrals, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Architectural Buildings
23 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rothenburg or Nuremburg or Wurzburg

Thanks Lubitsch for your reply and suggestions. I, definitely, feel the same as you that my plan is not realistic, this is why came to expert for the realistic advises :). Thanks again

Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Rothenburg or Nuremburg or Wurzburg

The ferries in the Middle Rhine Velley are for both vehicles and pedestrians. Between Bingen and Rüdesheim you have also a passenger only ferry. So what you could do is start with the right bank, then take the ferry from Lorch to Niederheimbach, work your way down to Boppard and recross to see Braubach. Starting March 25th the Marksburg will have English speaking tours at 1 and 4 p.m., so you may want to pllan accordingly.

Edited: 10 February 2017, 12:51
California
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Rothenburg or Nuremburg or Wurzburg

Seems, a perfect plan - thanks so much for your help and advice !

Reply to: Rothenburg or Nuremburg or Wurzburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted