We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

Pune, India
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

I will be travelling with senior citizens from Frankfurt to Munchen. The transfer time at Wurzburg hbf is 5 minutes from platform 3 to 2 . Is it sufficient? Do I need to take stairs for going from Platform 3 to 2. Please help with information. Thank you in advance.

17 replies to this topic
Brazil
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

Abalada, the truth is I have an ICE Fahrkarte, to go from Frankfurt to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber. Then I changed my plans and decided to go first to Bamberg and afterwards to Rothenburg. So my ticket says Rothenburg (with RB), not Bamberg. I read somewhere that you can use regional trains to go anywhere at any time on the day of ticket validity. But still am not sure if I’m going to be able to use this specific ticket or if I need to buy a Bayern Ticket to go to Bamberg. Searching the DB site I found this train to Bamberg that leaves just 11 minutes after I arrive in Würzburg and was so happy the transfer was easier than I thought. Do you have any advice ?

Brazil
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

Yes, that´s great, YoungTravelerUS. Just went to check the DB site again to see the timetable. Nothing to worry about if I can´t move fast enough to the first train and I can use the same ticket for any other regional train half hour later. Thanks a lot. Great info !

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,918 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

> I read somewhere that you can use regional trains to go anywhere at any time on the day of ticket validity

Not true for p2p tickets.

a) only true inside a town/city

b) and for certain tickets like the Bayern Ticket which cover an area - not a specific route.

You could buy a ticket for Würzburg to Bamberg online in advance. Which saves to do this during your 11 min stopover in Würzburg.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

When booking Würzburg to Bamberg online, the website will suggest RegioTickets Franken-Thüringen or Main Spessart, either ticket is fine and cheaper than point to point tickets or the Bayern Ticket.

Brazil
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

Sorry. I didn´t make myself clear. I read this info about Bayern Ticket which covers Bavaria. I didn´t mean other trains in Germany. But this is just what I thought -- that I really needed to buy another tkt because mine is p2p and not a Bayern Ticket. For sure, I’ll buy it online. It will save me time and unnecessary worries. I truly appreciate your attention and prompt reply. You are precious. Thanks so very much.

Brazil
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

WOW !That´s great information YoungTraveler. I’m going to check that. Only knew about Bayern Tickets. Do these tickets work the same way ? That is, any train during the same day ?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2

Yes, they are similar. They only cover a certain area though (as opposed to the entire state) and no buses, trams etc....just regional trains.

Here is a map of the Franken-Thüringen ticket coverage: https://www.bahn.de/p/view/mdb/bahnintern/an…

Reply to: Wurzburg bahnof transfer time from Platform 3 to 2
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted