We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early train from Wurzburg to FRA

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
748 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Early train from Wurzburg to FRA

I will be in Wurzburg next week and need to be at FRA for a 1020 flight home on Thursday morning. There is an ICE train listed leaving at 0625 arriving at FRA at 0755--my question to anyone who has taken this train or lives in Wurzburg is do I need to reserve in advance or is the train not likely to be full at that time of the morning?

3 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early train from Wurzburg to FRA

The train tends to be crowded as a lot of commuters who work in Frankfurt use it.

I'd probably reserve a seat...if you're traveling solo you' might find a single seat though...

Also note that this train is an IC train, not an ICE.

Edited: 28 January 2017, 04:32
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
748 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early train from Wurzburg to FRA

Okay, thanks for the advice; will book as soon as i am sure that that is my travel day.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early train from Wurzburg to FRA

Yeah, no rush. You shouldn't have a problem reserving the night before. Commuters often don't reserve seats so there will certainly be seats available to reserve on short notice.

It's like I said, chances are you'd find an available single seat on that train but €4,50 will guarantee you one....

Reply to: Early train from Wurzburg to FRA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted