We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drink and food prices

Lancashire
Level Contributor
147 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
drink and food prices

We will be on a B& B basis when we visit so we will be sampling the local bars and restaurants. What sort of prices can we expect to pay for local beers, wines, spirits, tea coffee and meals for 2 adults

Atelier Restaurant & Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, German, Seafood, International
Schloderer Bierstuberl
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, German, European, Central European
10 replies to this topic
1. Re: drink and food prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 03:47

Lancashire
Level Contributor
147 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drink and food prices

8 Euro for a large beer,!!! you have got to be kidding. That is nearly £8 Uk sterling.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
788 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drink and food prices

Instead of "large" beer read "XXL" beer. He means a litre. And €8.00 would even for a litre be expensive.

Just an example for a very typical restaurant with regional cuisine:

Small dishes:

braeustueberl-garmisch.de/index.php/speisenu…

Dinner:

Beverages:

They offer lunch for €5.80 to €9.80.

4. Re: drink and food prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 03:48

Chester,England
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: drink and food prices

Dink,

Even at the present dire exchange rate, food and drink prices in Germany( we were in Munich and Berchtesgaden in April) are no worse than in the UK.

I would say you may even pay less for a meal and drink than you would in the Lakes.And it's all good stuff. Enjoy!

Ethelman, to be pedantic, €7.20 is about £6.50, at least until our next devaluation.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Berchtesgaden
Berchtesgaden
Upper Bavaria, Germany
April
April
231 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,201 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: drink and food prices

Also, most restaurants have "Mittagstisch" which means daily lunch specials that changes daily. Usually they are between €5-7

Outstde of Bavaria a large beer is usually 0.5l and cost €3.50-€3.80

Mentioned in this post
Bavaria
Bavaria
Germany
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,060 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: drink and food prices

"Ethelman, to be pedantic, €7.20 is about £6.50, at least until our next devaluation."

It wasn't me who came up with the "nearly £8", in my defence.

Let's just forget what I said. Clearly it's wrong.

Berwick-upon-Tweed...
Level Contributor
404 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: drink and food prices

Prices - a beer, if you pay over €4 a beer (500cl) you’ve been touched. Anything around the €3.20 to €3.80 is the norm.

Food - depends obviously what you eat. Varies from €7 for sausages to €23 ish for steak but pork dishes can be anything from €8 to €16 I’d say.

Certainly not any more expensive than the uk and for me slightly cheaper in my experience. Also please remember the beer is top quality stuff not your uk standard pish of Carling or fosters.

Berwick-upon-Tweed...
Level Contributor
404 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: drink and food prices

Prices - a beer, if you pay over €4 a beer (500cl) you’ve been touched. Anything around the €3.20 to €3.80 is the norm.

Food - depends obviously what you eat. Varies from €7 for sausages to €23 ish for steak but pork dishes can be anything from €8 to €16 I’d say.

Certainly not any more expensive than the uk and for me slightly cheaper in my experience. Also please remember the beer is top quality stuff not your uk standard pish of Carling or fosters.

Chester,England
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: drink and food prices

In the Augustiner Braustuben in Munich they had draught Helles, at €2.75 a half litre,€5.50 a litre.

Mentioned in this post
Augustiner Braustuben
Augustiner Braustuben
2,127 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Reply to: drink and food prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen