We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alps-based stag do...

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,830 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Alps-based stag do...

I have been charged with organising my best friend's stag do. He has some very specific ideas about what he wants and I haven't really got a clue where to begin. So I came here!

I'm posting in many Alpine city forums as to hopefully get the greatest amount and diversity of replies.

First things first we are likely to be a group of twelve and we have fixed on a weekend in mid-May.

My friend wants an outdoorsy do somewhere remote, possibly needing an adventurous journey to get to, be it on foot, by boat, public transport/cable cars or off-road vehicles.

Preferably we aren't looking for a stag do package type trip. We'd like a much more organic schedule that we can build ourselves.

We'd be interested in, but not limited to hiking/mountaineering, shooting/hunting, sailing and fishing.

We'd need accommodation that could fit us all and in a perfect world we'd be looking for a chalet/cottage/barn/house/castle without too many creature comforts and where we have to take most of what we need with us.

Pretty specific, hey?

Obviously this is all perfect world stuff and we expect to have to be flexible. But this is our starting point. And absolutely any help would be appreciated. If it's links to accommodation options or activity suppliers great but even just suggestions of where might be more appropriate forums to post would be welcome.

Thank you.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,228 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alps-based stag do...

I have attached a link to Berchtesgaden but most German towns have a website,enter name of town.de not all however have an English version,seach for ferienwohnung(holiday home) could be anything from a village house to something more remote www.berchtesgaden.de/en/hosts

Edited: 09 February 2012, 18:29
2. Re: Alps-based stag do...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Berchtesgaden
Recent Conversations