We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Every Mile A Memory: Our TR to Prague, Germany, and Austria

Texas
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
219 reviews
Every Mile A Memory: Our TR to Prague, Germany, and Austria

Thank you to all the DE's, regulars, and locals who helped me plan our FANTASTIC trip to Berchtesgaden.

It wouldn't have been possible without your patient answers to all my questions. This trip was almost a year in the making.

The Mr. and I both 56, started in Prague followed by Munich with another married couple. We parted ways in Munich and the Mr. and I based ourselves in Berchtesgaden for 5 nights.

What follows will be a day to day account of our time spent there. I apologize in advance for the length. :)

72 replies to this topic
Kailua Kona
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
71. Re: Every Mile A Memory: Our TR to Prague, Germany, and Austria

Definitely a scary step,but one I am ready to take after 36 years. Where are you taking the training to be a travel agent? I've had many people tell me I should plan trips.

I think I've decided to rent a car from Munich (maybe the train station?) And then return it at the Munich airport so we can catch our flight to Zurich. My husband will be driving so he can figure out how to get out of Munich. 😁

Texas
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
219 reviews
72. Re: Every Mile A Memory: Our TR to Prague, Germany, and Austria

Hi again Karen,

Actually a friend who has been a travel agent for years approached me when I announced my retirement. Through FB, she knew how much I love trip planning and travel so they said they’d train me! It’s basically a dream come true opportunity! :)

I too let the Mr drive. I figure I do all the planning so he can do all the driving! Haha! :-)

Edited: 03 October 2018, 07:10
Reply to: Every Mile A Memory: Our TR to Prague, Germany, and Austria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted