We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

I'm trying to rent kayaks for the day out of Stuttgart. Anyone know where I can do that? Thanks, Bob

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,197 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

Have a look at lauffen.de/website/…kanutouren which is only in German so use your computer browser's translation facility. The location is Lauffen am Neckar ( www.lauffen.de ) which is a very pleasant small town between Stuttgart and Heilbronn that has a small completely walled town.

You can also canoe through Esslingen's ( www.esslingen.de ) canals and river …esslingen.de/servlet/…index.html , again, only in German. Of course Esslingen has an excellent well-preserved medieval oldtown center.

These are the only places that I know about where it is possible to canoe or kayak on the Neckar River through using rentals. You can rent rowboats and peddle boats in Tuebingen ( www.tuebingen.de ) which is our favorite town in Germany, but I doubt that they will rent you one of the large traditional boats that has to be poled, at least they refused to rent one to me. It might also be possible to rent boats of some sort at the Max-Eyth-See on Stuttgart's north side, a small lake alongside the Neckar River.

There are canoe rentals for the idyllic Danube and idyllic Grosse Lauter River ( www.grosses-lautertal-alb.de ) of the Swabian Alb ( www.schwaebischealb.de ) with one of the highest concentrations of castle ruins in Germany. www.kanutouren.com/ is their website.

When it comes to large tourist boat trips on the Neckar the following places and websites have trips:

Eberbach- www.eps-kappes.de

Heidelberg- www.rnf-schifffahrt.de

Heilbronn- www.ausflugsschiffe-heilbronn.de

Mannheim- www.rnf-schifffahrt.de

Neckarsteinach- www.rnf-schifffahrt.de

Stuttgart- www.neckar-kaeptn.de .

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

Thanks Marko!!!!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

And more:

toytowngermany.com/lofi/…t211868.html

You also might see the many kayak and rowing crews from the university. They are often practicing on the river. One of their headquarters is in Neuenheim, just across the Neckar on Neuenheimer Landstrasse.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,197 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

There are plenty of boat clubs along the Neckar River, but the problem is that they are private. I haven't seen many kayaks or canoes.

On Sunday mornings there will be a lot of sculls out of all sizes as a number of the boat clubs have them and that seems to be the most popular time.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,197 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

I just happened upon a kayak rental place on the Neckar River south of Tuebingen and Stuttgart in the lovely town of Horb am Neckar ( www.horb.de ). Here is the information from that website:

Kanusport Neptun

Klaus Weiblen Telefon: 0 74 54 / 96 74 55

Öffnungszeiten:

Mai bis September

Samstag und Sonntag 10.00 bis 18.00 Uhr

Wochentags auf Anfrage

6. Re: Where can I rent a kayak for Neckar in Stuttgart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:45