We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city bahn road train

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
209 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
city bahn road train

I am going to be in baden baden for the second time soon. Last time, I had seen the city bahn road train and would love to take a ride on it this time. Unfortunately, the information available on the website is only in german and I couldn't find a translation. Could someone tell me where the train starts from? Where can it be boarded? Timings?

Thank you for your time.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: city bahn road train

You can board the 'train' at Verfassungsplatz (i.e. next to the festival hall/Festspielhaus) and at Kurhaus, also at the base station of Merkurberg funicular but the latter only if there is still space on board. The stops at Caracallatherme and Paradies gardens are only meant for leaving the train, not boarding. The entire round trip takes 55 minutes in total.

Departure times:

Verfassungsplatz: 09:30 | 10:30 | 11:30 | 13:30 | 14:30 | 15:30 | 16:30

Kurhaus: 09:42 | 10:42 | 11:42 | 13:42 | 14:42 | 15:42 | 16:42

Merkurberg base station: 10:10 | 11:10 | 12:10 |14:10 | 15:10 | 16:10 | 17:10

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: city bahn road train

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the prompt informative reply.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,285 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: city bahn road train

You're welcome. Enjoy your trip!

rishon le zion
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: city bahn road train

What is "omnibuslinien"? Whats the ticket price? Is it for 2 2people and more? Is it for 24 hours or more?

my e- mail- karinab54@gmail.com

Thanks

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: city bahn road train

"What is "omnibuslinien"?"

Are you refering to the road train or to public transport? Omnibuslinien has nothing to do with the road train. It means public bus lines.

The price for the road train is € 5.50 per adult and ride.

rishon le zion
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: city bahn road train

Do you mean the bus lines like 205 that goes once per hour? As i know the price there for city plus ticket is 8.20e for 2-5 people. Is it correct?

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: city bahn road train

"city plus ticket is 8.20e for 2-5 people"

Yes. But it's valid on public transport only, not on the so called "road train":

baden-baden.de/en/…322

Because Baden-Baden's city-tunnel is closed for repair-work, there's a reduced bus fare between the rail station and the city-center (Augustaplatz). Single fare is now € 1.50.

rishon le zion
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: city bahn road train

I arrive to Stuttgart airport at 8.30 p.m. going further to Baden-Baden.What is the most convenient way to reach it. My destination in B-B is FESTSPIELHOUSE. IS there a local bus line at this time? Is there a ticket for 2 persons? Where can I see the city bahn road train time table? and public transport time- table? thanks

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
35,952 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: city bahn road train

DB timtable

https:/…e

Start: Stuttgart Flughafen/Messe

Destination: Festspielhaus/Alter Bahnhof, Baden-Baden

There is a connection Stuttgart Flughafen (airport) dep 21:38 Baden-Baden Festspielhaus arr. 00:32. Can be used on a Baden-Württemberg Ticket Nacht (night) which is EUR 21 for 2 persons. This ticket covers also the bus from Baden-Baden train station to the Festpielhaus.

The city bahn road train is a tourist gimmick. Does not count as public transport. Link was already in answer #7.

10. Re: city bahn road train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 14:46