We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??

Taman Tun, Malaysia
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??

Hi all...I'm trying to find the easiest way to get from baden-baden airport to Mogglingen (past Stuttgart)...i usually fly into Stuttgart but the flights to baden-baden were super cheap but I can't seem to find an easy way to get from A to B. My flight from Uk lands at 4:40pm at Baden-Baden on sept 4th, it seems like I need to get a bus to one of two nearby stations, then 3 trains from there to Mogglingen. Is there another bus that goes to Stuttgart or Karlsruhe from the airport? If so, what is the timetable?

Also do I need to book my train tickets in advance seeing as I'm travelling only within Baden-wuttemburg? As I'm not sure what time i'll be getting to a train station if I rely on bus services...does the price rise from €19 i i book on the day?

5 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,854 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Mögglingen(Gmünd)

and select "only local transport".

> Also do I need to book my train tickets in advance seeing as I'm travelling only within Baden-wuttemburg?

No. Booking is anyway not possible if it comes to local transport.

> does the price rise from €19 i i book on the day?

No. But the €19 ticket is a Baden-Württemberg Youth which you can only use if you are younger than 27 years. Otherwise you need a "normal" Baden-Württemberg Ticket (€23).

Baden-Württemberg Ticket is a day ticket valid till 3am next day. It covers also the buses from Baden Airpark to Baden-Baden or Rastatt train stations. Thus it covers the complete trip (ignore that DB timetable says something else - the timetable does no know about bus fares / tickets covering also buses).

Edited: 17 August 2017, 20:47
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,748 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??

Ah, Moegglingen, home of the traffic cameras! As abalada mentioned, a Baden-Wuerttemberg day ticket is all you need. You just can't use the fast long-distance IC, EC, ICE or TGV trains.

Weinheim, Germany
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??

Please be aware that there is a train service disruption between Baden-Baden and Rastatt. It is unclear whether the railroad will be repaired until Sep 4th. Therefore, I'd recommend to check the timetable online a few days before your arrival.

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??

"My flight from Uk lands at 4:40pm at Baden-Baden on sept 4th"

Avoid the bus to Baden-Baden, take a bus to Rastatt or Karlsruhe instead. Due to the a.m. train service disruption you'd have to change for a bus to Rastatt at Baden-Baden station, anyway.

Taman Tun, Malaysia
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??

thanks all :) will get the bus to Karlsruhe then catch trains!

Reply to: Baden-Baden airport to Gmund??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baden-Baden