We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
250 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary

Hello all.

I am trying to understand how to see the sights of Baden- Baden. Can anyone help me guiding to the tourist map. Is the town best seen walking or we have to use public transport. We are staying at Lichtentaler st.

Next full day I am planning to visit Black forest. planning to follow Geroldsau Waterfall hiking trail in the morning.Any other hikes which we can do later in the day.

Thanks a lot.

5 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary

Lichtentaler Strasse is very long. Maybe your hotel is far out. But since you are planning to do hikes, you are probably fine walking in the park and in the streets to the various bath houses. Take the waters later in the day. There is probably an open air concert in the Kurpark in the afternoon. Enjoy!

greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary

The town can be seen by walking. However if you are going to go out to the Merkur mountain and ride the cable car up to the top ( nice trip ) or taking the train anywhere, then you would use the city buses.

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary

Yes, the town center is best seen walking. The buses from the station are running very frequently, most of them are passing the Lichtentaler Strasse. (direction Geroldsau or Oberbeuern)

For the Geroldsauer waterfalls take bus No. 204 as far as "Malschbach" or bus No. 245 as far as "Geroldsau Malschbacher Strasse". These buses are running hourly.

http://en.kvv.de/

"Any other hikes which we can do later in the day. "

You could take the funicular (bus stop "Merkurwald") up the Merkur mountain and walk back down to the town.

blackforest-tourism.com/Media/Attraktionen/M…

Or walk via Marktplatz-Neues Schloss up to the impressive ruined castle "Hohenbaden/Altes Schloss" and the nearby Battert rocks. (For a circular path through the rocks follow the signs "Oberer Felsenweg")

ilovebadenbaden.de/en/…

Edited: 16 June 2017, 22:40
Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
250 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary

Thank you !! Much appreciated.

Can we do Geroldsau waterfall and Hornisgrinde peak in one day ?

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary

It's possible, but as you'll rely on public transport it could become a bit exhausting. In doubt I would prefer the Hornisgrinde. Nearest bus stop is "Mummelsee".

Reply to: itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baden-Baden