We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from High Risk to Germany

Kuwait
4 posts
Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

1st of all I am vaccinated but my children are not (Under 12 years)

I know that vaccinated do no need to quarantine but children must quarantine for 5 days? My question is it possible to land in Germany and travel directly to France or Switzerland by car without quarantine?

7 replies to this topic
YT
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

Yes, that is possible.

Kuwait
4 posts
2. Re: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

So any requirements are there? do I need to fill anything?

And how officials in Germany follows/check people if they are quarantining or not? Specially for children under 12 Years is there something like a mobile app or something?

YT
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

No requirements and no form for people who leave the country straight away.

I thought you weren‘t going to stay in Germany so I don‘t quite understand your question regarding quarantine.

It‘s illegal to break quarantine and violators will be fined and in severe cases criminally prosecuted, that‘s it. The authorities may contact individuals in quarantine to verify their whereabouts but they won‘t monitor your phone or anything, that‘s likely illegal or even unconstitutional in Germany.

If you are bringing a child from a high risk area to Germany you will need to make sure that child stays in quarantine for 5 days.

Kuwait
4 posts
4. Re: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

What I am thinking is directly after arriving in Germany to travel to Switzerland, stay 5 days there then back to Germany! which will end the 5 days quarantine requirement

I do not want to do anything illegal that's why I am asking how they are checking and want to make sure I follow every rule, currently I am bit confused on how the quarantine works if every person got to choose where to stay and nobody checks if you are actually quarantining or not.

YT
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

That will not work. You will need to be outside a high risk area for TEN days at the time of entry into Germany to avoid quarantine.

Kuwait
4 posts
6. Re: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

Thanks for the quick replies :)

but I already arrived in Germany so the 5 days quarantine for children should have started?

YT
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Save

No, they didn‘t start.

If you enter Germany and you have been present in a high risk area within the past 10 days you (your child) will have to quarantine for five days.

It doesn‘t matter if you transferred through Germany before. The five days start when you re-enter Germany from Switzerland.

Reply to: Traveling from High Risk to Germany
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.