We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aiguille du midi cable car and Step into the Void

Bristol
Level Contributor
174 posts
65 reviews
Aiguille du midi cable car and Step into the Void

I am going to Chamonix in August for the sole purpose of going to Step into the Void. I understand that I must by a ticket for the Aiguille du Midi Cable Car, but I cannot find out if I should book in advance. As there doesn't seem to be a booking facility on any sites, am I right in thinking I simply join the queue?

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Aiguille du midi cable car and Step into the Void

compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/site-overview/…

Best to book on-line as the queues in summer can be very long (unless you can get there before 9am). There is limited space at the top so there is always the risk that you may not get up at all if not pre-booked in August.

Bristol
Level Contributor
174 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Aiguille du midi cable car and Step into the Void

Thank you very much indeed. I spent a lot of time googling this yesterday, but did not find the website you recommended.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Aiguille du midi cable car and Step into the Void

We bought a mountain pass for se overall days for a discount on going up the mountains. As I recall it saved us money and time in lines.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Aiguille du midi cable car and Step into the Void

Try this link

compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lift-passes/mo…

5. Re: Aiguille du midi cable car and Step into the Void

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2017, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Chamonix