We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January Brévent-Flégère Ski

Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
January Brévent-Flégère Ski

Hello,

I am going to Chamonix on January 8-15 with my 14 year old son, and we are both from the US. We will be skiing for 6 days in the Brevent/Flegere ski area, staying at the Residence Pierre & Vacances hotel on La Riviere, which is about a 10 minute walk from the Brevent lift. I am an advanced skier and my son is intermediate, we have never skied in Europe before. We will access Chamonix via train from the Geneva airport. Is there anything I should be aware of or any tips before I book the flight and hotel package?

Thank you,

6 replies to this topic
reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: January Brévent-Flégère Ski

Depending on which lift pass you buy , both Cham Le Pass and Mont Blanc Unlimited cover all5 ski areas to a lesser or greater extent, you are not limited to the Brevente / Flegere areas.

The Mont Blanc Unlimited also covers the top cable car at Les Grands Montets where there are fantastic off-piste runs down to the Lognon mid-station and the Aguille du Midi lift.

Chamonix, France
Level Contributor
233 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: January Brévent-Flégère Ski

Hi Daniel,

You might want to consider an airport transfer minibus rather than train, as it is significantly faster without requiring you to change trains, and most services are door to door. Given the location of your accommodation, you could also look at Easybus which drops off at Chamonix Sud bus station, only a few hundred metres from your accommodation door.

If you do take the train, get off at Aiguille du Midi (one stop before the main station of Chamonix) as this is also closer to your accommodation.

You will also be able to use the bus station and nearby train stop to access the other ski areas of the valley which will be included in your lift pass, so as redzed says you won't be limited to Brevent Flegere.

Hope that helps!

www.chamonixresortshop.com

Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: January Brévent-Flégère Ski

Thank you for the informative response,

I would also like to make sure that Chamonix will most likely have snow in January, I'm not looking for huge mounds of powder, just something decent on the pistes and base which will allow us to ski back into town.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: January Brévent-Flégère Ski

Unless you want to go totally off-piste you cannot ski back to Chamonix from any of the 5 areas. Only Brevente is close enough but it is a path , at best, through the forest.

If you want to ski back to the valley and have a few restaurants etc then your best bet is Argentiere

Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: January Brévent-Flégère Ski

I wouldn't like to stay in Argentiere as accommodation is out of my budget and tastes there, but, will there still be snow in Chamonix town on most days?

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: January Brévent-Flégère Ski

Chamonix is generally more expensive than Argentiere if you want cheap try Gite bellevedere

Reply to: January Brévent-Flégère Ski
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chamonix