We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

Northport, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
460 reviews
Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

Hi friends, my husband and I are thinking of spending three nights in St. Tropez and it will be our first time in that part of France. We are not familiar with the area and plan on renting a car. We are also looking for 5 star hotel suggestions on a beach if that's available. Our travel agent suggested Chateau de la Messariere, Byblos and Sezz but I cannot tell whether those are on the beach or not and from what I understand one of the draws of the area is the beach (or am I wrong?). We will be there in early June of 2019. Any suggestions? How's the driving and parking situation over there during that time?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

24 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,486 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

The first thing to do is to get rid of your travel agent.

None of those properties are beachfront.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

Sorry, but have you ever considered looking on a MAP? Beaches are usually right at the waters edge which is often painted in blue colour.

Seems your travel agent is not aware of that trick, either. Otherwise he would not have suggest the hotels you mentioned but e. g. Résidence de la Pinède.

No need to buy that paper stuff, Google Maps will do completely. Check out the sat-view as well!

On the "long and famous beach where the celebrities hang out" (called Plage Pampelonne) there are no hotels with direct access but campsites and "hut-villages".

Northport, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
460 reviews
3. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

Have you ever considered a therapist? Perhaps one would be helpful in making you a better person so you don’t need to waste your time being rude to people in this forum. This isn’t a question only about hotels that are located on a beach, but rather PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS of ones that are 5 star and located on a beach that those who have stayed at feel are best. I understand perhaps that’s out of your abilities or life style. Maybe that’s why you’re unable to help and decided to go on attack mode. I feel very very sorry for you. How sad you must be. Poor you. Poor poor poor you. Tsk tsk.

Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
4. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

This is hilarious.

To the OP. You probably don't need a travel agent. Try expedia, type in St Tropez and your dates. All the rated hotels will pop up. Open up the five stars hotels. There is a map to show its location. its proximity to the bay. Also, read the reviews on other travelers rating and opinion of the places.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
149 reviews
5. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

See, English is not my native language and I interpreted "...I cannot tell whether those are on the beach or not..." like that it must have some importance for you. Seems the guy from Canada fell for it as well.

I also explained how to find out if something is near a beach. Moreover I even recommended a five-star hotel which indeed has a private beach.

But I expect no thanks. Good luck with better recommendations. ;)

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

Unless you really, really love the beach, St. Tropez is good for just a night or two in my opinion.Will you also have time to visit other towns closer to the action? Antibes, Cannes, Vence, Nice, Villefranche, Monaco, Eze, or Menton? There are lots of other beautiful beaches along the coast...

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
7. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

In fact there are no hotels that could really be considered " on the beach" in the long distance between St Tropez and the Italian border. Several hotels have access for guests to a "private" beach with sunbeds and parasols but the actual hotel is on the far side of a busy highway (e.g. the Croisette in Cannes.

Ed

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
149 reviews
8. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

Well, I could think of a few which are definitely on the beach. From your room to the water in speedos and sandals.

Not that the beach is always an endless stretch of sand, though.

Edited: 15 November 2018, 01:17
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,486 posts
65 reviews
9. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

You asked this question:

"Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez."

And you asked about 3 specific properties.

You were told that none of those properties were on the beach.

Something that you could have ascertained if you had bothered to check for yourself.

Have a nice trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
528 reviews
10. Re: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?

Camila welcome to the forum. it seemed you've received the regular warm welcome and helpful advice from my favorite poster.

In any event, Saint Tropez is a really cute, picturesque town with shops and cafes and markets and a port. I would stay in the town itself. The beach is a couple of miles away, although I don't know if there are hotels on it. But, seeing you are from NY, you can stay on a hotel beach in Mexico or the Caribbean. when you come to the south of france, I strongly suggest you re-consider and stay in the towns.

For st tropez you need a car. June will not be too bad. August weekends is a bit like driving to the Hamptons. With 3 days, you can stay in st tropez, and spend a day or 2 exploring some of the inland perched villages. many to choose from depending on your interests. Ramatuelle and Gassin are right near there with views of the bay.

for other parts of the riviera, you can rely on the train. where are you flying in to and how long are you staying altogether?

Reply to: Hotel On the Beach in St. Tropez?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Tropez