We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stroller friendly?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Stroller friendly?

Staying in antibes with my husband and 17 month old. Was thinking of taking a day trip to St. Paul de Vence but I was wondering if it will be easy to navigate with a stroller? If not is there another place we can easily visit by public transportation that is baby friendly? We will already be visiting nice, menton and Monaco.

Thank you.

17 replies to this topic
Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stroller friendly?

St. Paul de Vence, Eze, and most other hill top villages have uneven cobble stone streets and lots of steps. Even Villefranche and Monaco have elevation changes. A backpack baby carrier would work better than a stroller. Nice is the most level (other than Castle Hill which does have an elevator).

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stroller friendly?

Vence is easy to navigate. The old town is flat and there are no cobblestones. No problem with a stroller.

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stroller friendly?

Just to make it clear, Vence is about 5km from St Paul de Vence. Two different places...

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stroller friendly?

Just take the 94 bus to Vence from Nice.

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stroller friendly?

But the OP is staying in Antibes...

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stroller friendly?

Who on earth would carry a 17 month old in a backpack?

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stroller friendly?

From Antibes take the train to Cagnes and then bus 94 to Vence.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stroller friendly?

Thank you so much! I’m going to look into Vence instead of St. Paul de Vence.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stroller friendly?

Shorty they really dont compare. (in my opinion) - We visited both St Paul de Vence and Vence for the first time this summer.

St Paul is lovely with old cobbled streets and art galleries and lots to see.

Vence is more a working town and we didnt think it was worth the extra time and bus journey. It does have some old town area but nothing like St Paul - unless we missed something.

Does your stroller have large mountain wheels ? - I think you could manage enough of St Paul with a stroller taking it in turns to investigate smaller side streets.

You also have Biot which would be closer with the little one and would give you a feel of old rustic cobbled streets and I think from memory mostly accessible.

Do a bit of a walk about using Google maps to see what you think yourself.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stroller friendly?

Thanks for your reply. I’ll check out biot(accessible by public transit?) it’s an umbrella stroller...wanted something small and light for our trip. Do you think we could get away with our small stroller and our carrier? The stroller folds up and has a strap for us to carry it.

Reply to: Stroller friendly?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted