We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Nice Art Hotel

Alberta
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
The Nice Art Hotel

Hi, I'm trying to find a bit of information about this hostel. There are no reviews online but it appears to be rather new so maybe that's why. It's on rue d'Angleterre and I would really appreciate any information at all about the place as I'm considering it for my daughter. Thanks!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

I think it only opened in the past few weeks

it used to be hotel de la gare - it is right next to the Havely indian restaurant , down the street a bit Woodys tex mex second branch - handy for the train station

lots of folk coming and going in the street -lots of ethnic restaurants and ethnic food shops.trams

what age is your daughter? is she traveling by herself? is she a clubber etc ?

Edited: 02 May 2012, 00:21
Alberta
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

Thanks for your reply. My daughter is 24 and will be traveling alone but probably meeting up with some friends in Nice. She is not a clubber and tends to the quiet side but definitely likes to meet people so she would like a somewhat social atmosphere. I was looking at the Villa Saint Exupery Beach but the cost is double. If it seems like a better option though, I think she would rather pay more for a better experience.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
164 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

i'm actually wondering about this place too, else little palace. i'm older than your daughter :) looks very clean, but just wondering about noise etc.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

I had a look at the reviews for hotel de la gare regarding noise level, and it seems to be in the middle of it all. if they have AC and windows can be kept shut it may help...

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
164 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

Excellent points, pictures looked so clean I had just assumed they would have ac :(.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

It is a one star hotel/hostel

Exeter, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

My son arrived on Friday 11 May which was the day that they opened and stayed for three nights. It has been newly created in an older building. Possibly not as crisp as the pictures but I thought that it was very good and will have no hesitation in returning. A few minor things to sort out such as no TV or soap but thoroughly recommended and very good value for the money. Very handy for the station and for buses to/from the airport.

Alberta
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

Thanks for all the replies. She did go ahead and book it so I'll tell her to do a review afterward to let others know her experience.

9. Re: The Nice Art Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:12