We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Avignon flights

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
London to Avignon flights

We visited St Remy in 2016, flying from London direct to Avignon. These flights seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know if London City have discontinued these flights permanently?

16 replies to this topic
West Chester...
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Avignon flights

I would go directly to the Ryan Air and Easy Jet websites to check their interactive maps that show if they fly to a certain city and from where.

Also check Google Maps for an air route between the two cities. I'd do it but my phone is recharging.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,684 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Avignon flights

Flyby continues to fly to Avignon from Southampton and Birmingham, though not every day.

Or you can fly from London to Marseille-Provence (EasyJet, Ryanair and BA) but not from London City.

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Avignon flights

Thank you for your replies, that all makes sense. It does appear that the London City - Avignon flights were dropped this year.

Unfortunately (however scenic the route) I really do not enjoy the transfers between airport and holiday location, hence Avignon being a perfect alternative to Marseilles when we visited St Remy. This year we are hoping to visit I'sle sur La Sorgue, Goult etc, do either of you have any advice on which airport (Marseilles or alternatives) would be the more direct and the easiest (as in straight road and boring) drive for two passengers who suffer from car sickness. I would prefer a longer drive than one taking in any hair pin bends etc or possibly a transfer where we stop off for a night somewhere interesting en-route to break up the journey. We will definitely have a hire car so alternative transport not an option. Not knowing the area around Marseilles and up to the Luberon or beyond any advice would be welcomed. Thanks Nikki

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,946 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Avignon flights

Do you know how to use Google maps?

You can map your route easily and even "drive" it using street view.

It's about an hour drive from the Marseille airport to I'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
624 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: London to Avignon flights

I’d rather take a train. It’s only 5 hours 49 minutes from London to Avignon.

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London to Avignon flights

Hi, yes have tried google maps. Did the virtual drive from Bonnieux to Lourmarin which unfortunately ruled out both villages. I could probably do the same with the drive from Marseilles but much further!

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London to Avignon flights

Would love to take the train but not an option on this holiday

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,199 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London to Avignon flights

Southampton airport is 1 hour from Waterloo station. The closest platform to departure gate link in the UK. Flybe does the route May to September.

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London to Avignon flights

Always tricky when you don't know the area and surroundings, I'd initially looked at Cassis until I read that despite being so close to Marseilles the road between the two has numerous hair pin bends. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I just walked!

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,199 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London to Avignon flights

You are confusing me. I thought your question was about flights to Avignon. Now you are talking about driving to places.

Reply to: London to Avignon flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Avignon