We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

We are staying very close to the Palais des Pares. I will have a car and plan to park at the main garage near Palais des Papes. Anybody have experiences with this garage?

* Do they have in and out privileges?

* Easy enough to find spot for Intermediate size rental?

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

9 replies to this topic
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,722 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

"Do they have in and out privileges?"

Could you explain ?

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

Absolutely, and thanks you.

I guess what I'm asking, is there a day rate that allows you to come and go throughout the day?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,562 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

¨In and out privileges¨ depend upon the type of parking arrangement you have. If you are paying by the month or week, you will be able to come and go as you like.

You enter the garage from the lowest level. The best parking in on the top level at the far end of the garage. The exit here is next to the Place de l´Horloge. The parking is sufficient for a mid sized car.

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

I'm looking on a Map and that doesn't look close to INDIGO Parking Palais des Papes

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

Ah! Now I see it, thanks for the great advice. Took me a few zooms to see it.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
117 reviews
6. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

As Sarastro says the best parking is on the top level - and therefore the most popular as it involves less walking.

The car park is very popular so we always take the first turn on the right after going up the entry ramp and usually find a place quickly rather than drive around searching for a space on the upper levels (which are nearer the exits).

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

In May does anyone think it would be impossible to find a spot?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

Hello swagmaster, I wonder if you found a aparking spot easily in May? We tried a parking lot near Palau’s des Papes last year in May, had no luck at all. And the parking space so small that I can hardly back out. So we left early.

And boucheboy, What name or address did you type on your google map to find the entrance? Now we are near Uzes and would like to try Avignon again this week.

9. Re: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 June 2018, 21:35

Reply to: Parking in Avignon Palais des Papes Garage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted