We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from CDG to Caen

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Train from CDG to Caen

Arriving in Paris next August 2018....CDG airport and need to get to Caen where we would like to rent a car...We will be in Normandy for 5 nights.

What is the best way to get there...I have read there is no direct route from the airport. Do we pre purchase train tickets or wait until we get to the airport?

We will reserve a car in Caen...any other suggestions are appreciated.

We will need to get to Paris on return trip from Caen after dropping off rental car.

21 replies to this topic
Southport, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
11. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

Thank you..I will look into it...did you prebook your ticket?

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
1,003 reviews
12. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

I did prebook and while there were only six passengers from CDG, the bus almost completely filled up in Paris. Pre booking was helpful because I could look at the booking info in the app in the 'my tickets' area and when I arrived at the airport, the platform number, bus number and final destination, Ouitreham, popped up as well. I was able to pull the ticket up on the app and the driver scanned it, no need to go to the ticket office.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
13. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

Thanks for the info...

Arlington, Virginia
1 post
2 reviews
14. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

Thank you all who have replied to this! It is EXACTLY the same information I need. We are arriving CDG on October 11th, 2018 and traveling up to Caen that day. I am not able to book Ouibus yet - too soon. My question is - the website says it takes 4 hours to go 31 Kilometers to Caen. Is that Correct? It seems very slow to me.

Also, has anyone had experience hiring a driver? Since there are two of us, I thought it might not be too expensive.

Thanks.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
15. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

We hired Transfer1 to take us from CDG to Gare St. Lazare train station and got tickets to go to Caen. Train is direct and I think it’s about 2 1/2 hrs. Our trip is end of August

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
16. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

I'm going to do the same!!!

It just seems alot easier since it will be my first time in Paris and I'll be alone arriving lol

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,564 posts
93 reviews
17. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

But don't take any transfer companies. Use only a taxi from the official line for a flat fare of €50 to Gare St Lazare.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
18. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

I checked on Ouibus from CDG to Caen - it's 18eu and 4 hours or so.

Does that sound about right? They were the cheapest from what I could find.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
19. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

T2transfer was right there as soon as we got our luggage..no waiting and took us right to the train station. I would use them again. The train to Caen was 2 hours..direct

Edited: 13 September 2018, 17:25
Southport, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
20. Re: Train from CDG to Caen

We hired T2 transfer from cdg to train station St.Lazare. 55euros..took the direct train to Caen..2 hrs.

Simplest way...

Reply to: Train from CDG to Caen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted