We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
60 reviews
Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

I've been browsing online for booking the tickets to Versailles for my upcoming trip and am really confused with the number of options. We are 2 adults and 2 kids. There are some packages which offer to pick you up from your hotel, fast entry, guided tour and drop back. These are pricey, going upto 70 euros per person.

Then there are some which allow for 'skip the queue' tickets, but not very sure of these. The official Versailles site has timed entry tickets which guarantee entry within 30 minutes of chosen time. Which would be the best option.

I've heard the queues can be crazy so don't want to waste my time waiting there with kids. Please advise.

7 replies to this topic
4 posts
1. Re: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

I am also confused about the same thing. I am looking forward to the answer.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,266 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

Book from the official website with the timed entry.

Another option is to join the King's Apartment Tour (you still need to buy a regular ticket). The KAT tour gets you through the security line in no time. After the KAT tour (could be interesting for the kids), you are then inside the palace already, free to roam on your own.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

Hi Sammy - I cannot find the King Arthur Ticket option on their site

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,712 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

It is the private King's Apt. Tour, which has nothing to do with King Arthur, and the info is on the website.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
154 posts
270 reviews
5. Re: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

if your only concern is the line for ticket purchasing onsite, then go for the timed entry tickets from the official site. that's what we did. it allows you to skip the ticket purchasing line and go directly to security check.

buying tickets online from the official site was the best thing we did. One look at the long snaking line under the blazing sun made that abundantly clear!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

I was reading about the King Arthur apt. sometime ago back in January.. the timed entry must be new...

Than you for your feedback. I did go ahead and buy the timed entry.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,266 posts
171 reviews
7. Re: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option

King Arthur definitely has nothing to do with Versailles. The palace and grounds are about the times of Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI. Be sure to read some history (or watch some YouTube videos) before going. You will get much more from your visit by knowing a bit of background.

Reply to: Best place to book Versailles tickets and which option
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Versailles
Recent Conversations