We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris catacombs

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
paris catacombs

I would like to pre purchase tickets to the catacombs however the website takes me to a link which only in French with no English option. Can anyone please let me know how to pre purchase tickets from australia please. I'm not interested in paying extra to private tour companies....just the basic entrance tickets. Thank you.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,666 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: paris catacombs

cannot buy the basic ticket at its regular price online ..they include audioguide and hike up the price to 29€ for the timed pre-purchased tics through official website

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,666 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: paris catacombs

27€ not 29€, sorry ..but regular price of admission is 12€

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
128 reviews
3. Re: paris catacombs

Still can't believe that €27 price, it doesn't get better with time either.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
14,430 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: paris catacombs

I wonder how much information the guide can provide...for that price.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,666 posts
171 reviews
5. Re: paris catacombs

audioguide is normally 5€ ...10€ is added to regular price of ticket and audioguide!!

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,748 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: paris catacombs

Interesting. When I was there in October, I purchased advanced tickets online for the regular 12 euros. There must have been a change since then.

I guess that for the online fee of 27 euros, visitors are purchasing the audio tour and the advantage of not standing in that long line? For some people maybe worth it, and for others not.

California
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: paris catacombs

On the website to purchase tickets, if you want to pay 27€--> They'll ask you to create an account with them, so click "s'inscrire", enter your email address and a password (mot de passe). There might be a few other things, just use Google Translate if you get stuck on some words. For the tickets, they ask "CHOISISSEZ LE JOUR DE VOTRE VISITE" (chose the date of your visit, and the calendar starts with Monday). Then "CHOISISSEZ VOTRE HORAIRE D'ARRIVEE" (choose your time). Then choose the number and category of tickets: regular adult fare with audioguide is 27€, youth ticket with no audioguide is 5€. Click "Ajouter au panier" (add to your cart). You should be able to figure out the rest (again, use Google translate if you get stuck). It's pretty straightforward.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: paris catacombs

Thank you Annete C. I will do that.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: paris catacombs

If you choose to purchased timed tickets in advance, how do you receive them? (print at home, mobile/email version, mail?) I've added them to my cart but wavered when clicking to pay since my French is rudimentary at best.

Out of all of the sights that have long queues, this particular one really worries me! I don't mind a little waiting in line but I'm not excited about 2+ hours as reported by many.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,666 posts
171 reviews
10. Re: paris catacombs

I cannot get to that part without registering. What does it say?