We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy scarves?

California
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Where to buy scarves?

I am looking for a place to find large scarves for a reasonable price. i would love something "made in france" but am interested in style and cost more.

The one thing I have noticed is how dramatic the women wear their winter scarves....quite elaborate so would love to take a few home as gifts.

Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy scarves?

I've bought some very nice scarves in the market at Place Maubert. I think the most I paid for a large winter scarf/shawl was 25 Euros. The market is open in the mornings on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,521 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy scarves?

Not "large" scarves but beautiful ones at "Mi Amor" at 10 rue du Pont Louis Philippe that runs between Pont Louis Philippe on the Ile St Louis and rue de Rivoli and then turns into rue Vieille du Temple. I bought my niece a "boa" style scarf there in October in "shot silk" (actually a mix of man-made fibres but so cleverly constructed) that does amazing things worn several ways on a young slim neck - the young assistant demonstrated all the "looks" for me. I delivered my niece's (blue/black shot silk look) to her today and she looked totally beautiful in all its different styles. Cost - 15 Euros, look - a million dollars. I also bought a different, more structured, one (and more expensive at 25 - 30 Euros) for her mother, my sister, and she also looked fabulous in it. They have the cutest gloves too, velvet with scarf type bows on the wrist - don't ask - just go and look, they are gorgeous. Up the street at No 20 is a related shop called Sic Amor that goes more for inexpensive costume jewellery.

Their website always seems to be "under construction" and does not adequately show what they have on offer

http://www.mi-amor.com/

Level Contributor
767 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy scarves?

Aside from the shops on Rue Rivoli which handle scarves but where you have to be careful as some are made in France, most not, there are some shops on Ile St. Louis that have scarves. Of course, there are also the various department stores and places like Hermes. But these can be pricier. If you should get to Lyon on your travels, there are a number of wonderful small shops that are connected to the silk makers that have the most unique scarves of different types of silk, different sizes and wonderful and unique patterns. These are truly uniquely French and you won't see them many places here. I brought some back in June as gifts and people are thrilled.

One of my friends bought a shawl type scarf at a market in Paris. I cannot recall the name but it may be the one mentioned by another poster.

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy scarves?

24, faubourg Saint-Honoré.

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy scarves?

There's a cute shop on the Rue Mouffetard (closer to the Place de la Contrescarpe) that sells TONS of different scarves at very reasonable prices.

Les

6. Re: Where to buy scarves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:56