We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Travel - Help

Newcastle, Ontario
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train Travel - Help

We are staying in Maule (early twenties) Have a few questions please:

1. One day coming into Paris and doing the Louvre, Place de la Concorde, Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower - where do I buy my train ticket? Can I just go to the station on the morning of and buy it and does anyone have any idea how much a ticket would be - with return. Based on my itinerary that day what station is my destination in Paris.

2. Another day doing Notre Dame, Sorbonne area, Pantheon, Luxemborg Gardens & Latin Quarter - again what is the destination station I need to buy a ticket for.

3. Will be going to Munich from Maule as well - can someone please give me instructions as to how I get there - want to go to the centre of Munich - thinking the Hauptbahnoff Station.

This is so confusing any help would be appreciated.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Travel - Help

Bonjour, Olala,

You will need to take an SNCF train to Gare Montparnasse in Paris and then you will use the Metro system to get to your first destination.

Access the following link for train schedules from Maule to Paris. You would buy tickets at the Maule train station.

http://www.thetrainline-europe.com/station/maule~8703944

Use the ratp to plan your route on the Metro system. Enter Gare Montparnasse in the From field. Buy Metro tickets at Gare Montparnasse.

http://www.thetrainline-europe.com/station/maule~8703944

For Munich, you would need to travel from Gare Montparnasse to Gare de l'Est. use the ratp route planner to get to the Gare de l'Est. to book the tickets from Paris to Munich, use the following site. You may purchase tickets online. The best-priced tickets are available 90 days in advance.

Www.capitainetrain.com

Bonne chance,

MrsJAS

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Travel - Help

www.ratp.fr/en for the transit information in Paris. Link in post 1 looks it is accidentally the same as the link for information for getting to Paris.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Travel - Help

It seems that its in zone 5, so on days that you plan on going to Paris, you can buy Mobilis zone 1-5 day pass (16.60 E pp). It will allow you to travel on that day everywhere you need - transilien train to Montparnasse as well as Metro, Bus and RER in Paris.

Mobilis is excluded from travelling to the airports though (so you just know).

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Travel - Help

JHH in reply 2 is correct. I am having trouble copying the link. Please enter ratp in Google.

Thank you for pointing it out, JHH.

5. Re: Train Travel - Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2016, 11:45