We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic budget eats

S.W Wales
Level Contributor
249 posts
15 reviews
romantic budget eats

Im looking for some advice on your favourite romantic spots for food or even a drink in central paris that dont cost an arm or a leg?!

sorry if this has been asked recently.

Also we stay in the latin qtr at st severin hotel

any other advice about off the beaten track romantic spots/areas/walks appreciated

cheers

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
683 Reviews
from US$ 74.20*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
742 Reviews
from US$ 48.30*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,282 Reviews
from US$ 111.90*
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,827 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: romantic budget eats

you need to give an idea of how much you want to spend in Euros to get good feedback on this. we never spend 'an arm and a leg' on meals but our idea of reasonable may not be what you have in mind.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,468 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: romantic budget eats

This is a nice, little place with very good food and is close to you. Walk along the rue de Buci to the rue de Seine, then make a left on the rue Jacob ---> tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d1…

It should only cost an arm.

Pjk

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,153 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: romantic budget eats

Romantic stroll along Canal St. Martin and tons of restaurants there.

All restaurants are required to post menu + prices outside, so you know what you're getting into.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,468 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: romantic budget eats

If you make it to the 10th along the canal, look for Les Enfants Perdu, 9 Rue des Récollets.

Pjk

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,757 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: romantic budget eats

Picnic!!!! Just about anywhere will do!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: romantic budget eats

Your goal, I understand, is ambiance rather than great food.

I would head south from your hotel. Wander around the little streets that go up hill, like Montagne St. Genevieve. A handful of little intimate places. Cross rue des Ecoles, checking the looks and menus of little holes in the wall as you go.

One sweet place is L'Estrapade. bestparisrestaurants.co.uk/restaurants/paris…

Another is Le Vin Qui Danse wine bar, west of rue Mouffetard on Fosses St. Jacques. pantheon.vqd.fr/carte-vin-qui-danse-resto-pa…

These are only examples.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: romantic budget eats

My first bit of advice for a romantic place is to get far away from St Severin. Sorry - but I mean it. The street is narrow and packed, crowded and it's very touristy. And do not eat on rue de la Hachette.

I stayed on St Severin my last trip and could only look forward to getting away from it every day.

I still enjoyed my trip to Paris though. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. Sorry I don't have any romantic restaurants to recommend. But, I agree with having a picnic. You can pick up ready made sandwiches or buy what you want and put it together yourself!

S.W Wales
Level Contributor
249 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: romantic budget eats

Thanks for all your help. I guess I was asking for places that are atmospheric and romantic and serve good food that are in the budget to mid range of prices say between €10 and €30 for a main dish. Unfortunately we cant afford to eat meals over €100

canal st martin looks lovely and i'll be sure to head there.

Vienna, Austria
1 post
9. Re: romantic budget eats

Hello,

It was last summer, in August, when I celebrate with my GF our one-year anniversary.

The place- Le Tournebievre, a small restaurant, just in front of Notre-Dame. Fantastic place, fabulous meal, excellent value. 35 euros/pers for a 3 courses, excl. drinks. Try Saint Jacques scallops with mashed potatoes and feta cheese filo pastry.

I don't know exactly what it means for you "romantic eat", what I do know is that, for me, the most romantic thing was my girlfriend's eyes, excited, like me, by the place where we are.

Anyway, bon apetit! Benedikt

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,827 posts
95 reviews
10. Re: romantic budget eats

A place we love to hang out for the atmosphere is Café de l'Industrie in the Bastille area. The food is average but the ambience is great and it is filled with young Parisians looking for an inexpensive meal and friends.

It is one of the most attractive cafes and I always feel Parisian when getting coffee or a meal here. It actually is in two buildings across the street from each other. It is a movie set notion of a Paris cafe.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 05:02