We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seine river cruise at night

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Seine river cruise at night

Can you tell me.....are these boat fully enclosed? Or will I be able to be in the fresh air?

Wanting to take photos at night, along the way if possible......so without windows would be much better.

The one we are going on, is with a tour to Eiffel Tower for dinner and later on, Moulin Rouge show, I have not been able to see if there is an upper deck or not. .....yes it's going to be chilly......the things you do as a Photgraphy mad tourist huh?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seine river cruise at night

Some are all open air, some have enclosed spaces and open air spaces.

You need to determine which company is used for your tour.

You can see the various vessels on the official websites - Bateaux Parisiens, Bateaux Mouches, Vedettes de Paris.

For the best photo ops, I recommend the Bateaux Mouches as there is plenty of outdoor space to move around for unobstructed photos.

On many of the smaller vessels, you are confined to your seat, it's not really possible to wander around for photos, parts of the vessel (and other people) may obstruct your photos.

When is your trip? Do you know what time it will be dark?

If you aren't happy with the photo ops, you can always go again on another vessel as the cruises are not expensive.

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seine river cruise at night

Thanks, that's a good idea. The trip is on March 18, sunset is at 7.00. We have dinner at the Eiffel Tower first, so I assume it will be dark or at least getting dark, when we do the boat trip. I have scheduled in a dedicated night time visit to ET etc on another night anyways, so it won't be a major.

Have no idea who the operator is, as the tour was booked through Viator. ....I guess I take my camera along and see what happens:)

3. Re: Seine river cruise at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 11:50