We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
30 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Paris

My wife and I are taking our daughter and son plus their respective partners for a weekend in Paris, for their birthdays in May. They have not been before. We are staying in Montparnasse.

It is some years since we have been so we need updating.

Our main concern is that our daughter is vegetarian and we need some possible suggestions as to places that will cater for her. We know what it can be like in some places. Also are there any good sites or magazines that give up to date listings of what is on in Paris?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$ 74.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
726 Reviews
from US$ 48.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$ 103.40*
paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris

Most places will have some vegetarians dishes like salads, pasta...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris

You can get Pariscope or Zurban or l'officiel des spectacles every wednesday when it comes out (or every other day as a matter of fact).

I would not let one vegetarian dictate the pace for the party. She can always have a salad or a fish dish or if she does not eat fish, just a salad or a pasta/pizza dish if you go to an Italian restaurant.

There are some vegetarian restaurants in Paris like Aquarius in the 14th but it is not a destination restaurant.

Your daughter should be happy with a salad at la Rotonde for example while you enjoy a more decadent dish!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris

This might help:

http://nwfolk.com/vegparis.html

I'm not a vegetarian so I can't guarantee that the information is either accurate or current.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
30 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris

Thanks for help.

The last time we went to Paris we went to a restaurant that had antique mirrors all over the walls. There was a great atmosphere in there. It may have been near Montparnasse, but I'm not sure. Is that enough info. to help find out if it still exists to-day?

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,714 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris

Italian places always have some good veggie options. This is my personal favorite theese days: Casa Bini 36, r. Grégoire-de-Tours 75006 T 01 46 34 05 60 m° Odéon

L'Ace de falafel is a VERY casual place, but the food is excellent.

For celebratory fine dining, Les Bouquinistes in the 6th has a vegetarian entree on their menu.

If she eats eggs, La Cigale Recamier is a souffle place that has a fresh market menu.

Most cafes will have omelettes and salads with goat cheese (au chevre chaud).

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris

This site

www.oubouffer.com

has a search function that will allow you to search for vegetarian restaurants anywhere in Paris, by area and by price.

Most of the comments will be in French as the site is used by Parisians rather than tourists, but I'm sure you can get the gist...