We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

only-appartments (appartment rental)

manchester
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
only-appartments (appartment rental)

Has anyone used only-appartments to rent an appartment in Paris. I've just paid a deposit for a place in The Latin Quarter for 4 days back end of Oct. Only once I'd paid this was I presented with another load of costs. Firstly an additional 50 € for checking out on a Sunday? Why? Also I need to make a further 30% payment by bank transfer (in Euros) - very costly and why? Also I need to make a payment of 500€ for the deposit? Seems rather a lot for a 4 day stay in a studio appartment? I've read that some people have had trouble getting there deposit back from this company?

Not sure whether to cut my loses and just try another company?

Any ideas

Thanks

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
673 Reviews
from US$ 75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
730 Reviews
from US$ 49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$ 104.00*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,950 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: only-appartments (appartment rental)

It's always a good idea to review all of the terms and conditions before sending any money. only-apartments makes this difficult, as they say that conditions for payment are up to each individul owner.

http://www.only-apartments.com/en/info/4/

I've seen other agencies that charge extra for off-hours check in or check out so a fee for Sunday check out is not unheard of.

The decision is up to you - but I see enough issues here that would lead me to stay elsewhere.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: only-appartments (appartment rental)

John, yours is a cautionary tale to others. Do your homework on an apartment owner or agency BEFORE you send them any money.

If you can get your money back, it might be best just for the peace of mind. Go with an agency or owner who has good reviews for honesty as well as prompt, friendly service. If you post links to some of your possibilities here on TA, we'd be happy to give you some feedback.

Maastricht, The...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: only-appartments (appartment rental)

Just back from a week in Paris. We rented an apartment in the Arc de Triomphe area, via the only-apartments.com website.

I had some doubts about the truthfulness of the site after reading some of the comments on this site, so i stopped in the middle of filling in the booking form. I was called by a lady from the website, asking me what was wrong. She reassured me a bit and i continued booking afterwards.

I was a bit worried that we would have problems with getting the deposit fee back for some reason, as my french is far from perfect. The contact person, which was also the owner of the apartment, spoke great English, and there was no problem at all with the security deposit.

The apartment was located perfectly, 5 min walk from the arc de triomphe and metro line 1. The landlady told us that she rents out the apartment because she needs the money, and that she was living with her mother temporarily (it was her home were we stayed).

The interior was a bit old, but everything was really clean and the location, price and features of the apartment made up for this completely.

All in all, i had a really good experience with the website. I would recommend to read the terms and conditions. e.g. we had to pay 10 euros extra because we arrived on a sunday, but i knew this and it wasn't a problem. I would also try to get in contact with the contact person/owner quite soon and ask for information on terms and conditions. In case you don't trust this, cancel the booking and you've only lost the booking fee.

Good luck with booking and traveling!

4. Re: only-appartments (appartment rental)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 21:48