We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower info please

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,970 posts
115 reviews
Eiffel Tower info please

Last year we skipped going up the tower due to length of the queues and my impatience. This year I am pre purchasing tickets online but I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. If you purchase tickets for the top level does that give you access to the other levels? I'm told the views from the second are superb so we would like to go there also, anybody know? Also we are thinking early evening views would be nice as opposed to daytime, suggestions?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
686 Reviews
from US$ 73.60*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
745 Reviews
from US$ 47.90*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,283 Reviews
from US$ 111.00*
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,660 posts
1. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

Yes, tickets to the top level give you access to other levels.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,493 posts
163 reviews
2. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

"If you purchase tickets for the top level does that give you access to the other levels?"

Yes, it does. You can just get back on the lift with the appropriate ticket (for top), and take it up to third level. On second level you're not so high up so can view the city in more detail.

I prefer the daytime view, before it gets dark I find I can see more. Many try to go up before sunset to catch both daylight and night views.

At the moment only one lift is in use, more details on the official website:

eiffel-tower.com/preparing-your-visit/buying…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,970 posts
115 reviews
3. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

Thanks guys for the information, that's great. We are not traveling until October so fingers crossed that all lifts will be working otherwise ...Mon Dieu!

Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

I went last year, daytime, and queued, but it was quite pleasant watching surrounding goings on and the time passed quickly..... I am going in October and I am trying to decide on a group to book an Eiffel Tower/Seine cruise with (have read some ordinary reviews) but I am traveling alone so really want to join a group - any feedback/ideas be great, thanks.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

We are heading to Paris 12 -17th July and cannot pre book tickets to the top of the Eiffel Tower as they are unavailable. We are staying close to the tower. Any advice on best approach to getting up the tower without the long queues ? Early morning / going by stairs? Anyone know when more lifts will be working? Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,022 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

You can book a Behind the Scenes tour of the Eiffel Tower here: cultival.fr/en/visites/les-coulisses-de-la-t…

I booked just last week for May 26th. I am traveling solo, and choose the tour based on the positive comments I've read here on the forum.

Edited: 14 May 2012, 19:33
Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

Hi and thanks for this. I did see this tour, but I dont think this gives quicker access as with the lift situation I think you still have to queue for 2 hours at least.

If we get there early and walk up, does anyone know if we can buy tickets to get to the top when we get to the second floor?

Thanks all!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

I will be travelling to Paris arriving Sept. 13, 2012 and leaving on Sept. 18, 2012. Not much time. Should I be purchasing tickets ahead of time to the Louvre, Eiffel Tower? Are there points of interest that I should not miss. Do I need to purchase in advance for Marseilles?

Illinois
Level Contributor
436 posts
81 reviews
9. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

We were just at the Eiffel Tower at the end of April. We arrived at 8:30 am, and there were about 40 poeple infront of us.The tower opened at 9:30 am promptly. It took about ten minutes to get to the ticket windows. I would recommend getting there early in the morning if you can not book your tickets online.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
10. Re: Eiffel Tower info please

Hi , we were there today n the line was about 200 meters , n I think it would take about 2 to 3 hours toget there . Even the stairs had a busy line . We didn't stay in line , we just enjoy the view and surrounding . It's beautiful . Have fun