We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices RER from CDG to Eiffel Tower/Notre-Dame and back

Quebec City
Level Contributor
618 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Prices RER from CDG to Eiffel Tower/Notre-Dame and back

Here's my situation: I'll have a 7.5 hour layover at Charles de Gaulle on Saturday June 30th (from 11:30 to 19:00). I have already read the posts regarding the risks and how to plan for a quick run into the city from the airport, and I'm trying to come up with a plan (including all scenarios which would immediately abort the entire plan). I've calculated the time required, etc, but I'm having a hard time firguring out the costs of taking the RER train. Here's my proposed itinerary:

Get on the RER B from CDG to St-Michel Notre-Dame, then switch trains to RER C to go to Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel, and do a little sightseeing. Hop back on RER C to St-Michel Notre-Dame, do some sightseeing there, then hop back on RER B to CDG.

I've tried to figure out what kind of ticket to buy, and I'm confused. I have looked extensively on ratp.fr for information, and even with French being my first language, I'm not sure what kind of ticket I should get and how much it would cost. I'm hoping someone here can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
California
Level Contributor
6,265 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices RER from CDG to Eiffel Tower/Notre-Dame and back

The RER is 9.25€ each way to/from CDG and Paris. You will be able to make the connection on your way into the city between RER B and RER C free, provided you don't exit the station and go above ground. You would then need an individual metro ticket for the trip from the Eiffel Tower to Notre Dame (last I remember they were 1.70€ )

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices RER from CDG to Eiffel Tower/Notre-Dame and back

The tickets between CDG and Paris cost 9.25 € each way. It allows transfers from one line to another as long as you don't exit the system.

Tickets for other trips within Paris cost 1.70 €. So your day will cost you 18.50 + 1.70 = 20.20 €.

Edited: 01 May 2012, 21:44
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices RER from CDG to Eiffel Tower/Notre-Dame and back

For 30 cents more you can also get a one day Paris Visite Pass for zones 1-5 which gives you unlimited travel all day for 20.50 €. It might be more convenient. ratp.fr/en/…

Edited: 01 May 2012, 21:48
Quebec City
Level Contributor
618 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices RER from CDG to Eiffel Tower/Notre-Dame and back

Thank you both, I was wondering if the one day Pass might be worth it, since I didn't know the other prices, and I think the 30 cents more would be worth not having to think about the different tickets!

5. Re: Prices RER from CDG to Eiffel Tower/Notre-Dame and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:11