We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louvre tickets

Maryland
Level Contributor
122 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Louvre tickets

What does FNAC mean? Locations in the 6th A. to buy Louvre tickets??

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louvre tickets

You don't need to go out of your way (or pay a convenience fee) for Louvre tickets. There are so many entrances other than the main entrance you can use. And, the lines at the main entrance are for security, not tickets, and move very quickly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louvre tickets

fnac is the name of a shop. they sell various media and tickets. there are many stores across Paris

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louvre tickets

Reluctant, FNAC is a store and ticket agency. They are all over Paris, and would be similar to Ticketmaster.

As djkbooks said, unnecessary for Louvre tickets though.

Maryland
Level Contributor
122 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Louvre tickets

So, I think what you are saying is that there are many places to not only buy the tickets once you are at the Louvre but ALSO many places for entry into the Louvre not just at the main entrance.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Louvre tickets

correct

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Louvre tickets

Yes Reluctant. The least efficient entry to the Louvre is through the glass pyramid, where many people seem to line up.

Often if you enter off rue de Rivoli, at the Carrousel du Louvre entrance, the security line is quite small. They have automated ticket machines there at the entrance to the underground mall, and I think they may accept payment in forms other than chip & pin credit cards (but I'm not entirely certain on this point).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,683 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Louvre tickets

the machines at the Louvre DO take US credit cards -- but be sure to leave the card in the machine -- you don't put it in and yank it out quickly as we do in the US

Maryland
Level Contributor
122 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Louvre tickets

Can you buy Louvre tickets for any day or do you have to use them the same day they are purchased

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Louvre tickets

re: Louvre tickets:

I understand we could pay for the tickets in advance and pick them up at FNAC, Carrefour, etc. Can we just buy the tickets at those stores instead of buying in advance? Also, I have 14 year old American teenagers. Will they need a ticket even though they are under 18?

Thanks

marty

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Louvre tickets

No marty , kids under 18 are free. Doesn't matter where they are from, bring id for them if they look close to age though, I took my 13 yr old son before he hit his growth spurt and he never got asked for proof of age.. but a year later he was almost 6 feet tall... might have been different then..