We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

left bank hotels comparison

San Diego...
Level Contributor
70 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
left bank hotels comparison

My partner and I plan on an early Oct visit to Paris, and have gotten the following rates for Left Bank hotels:

BW Jardin du Cluny E. 162

Levant E. 155, incl breakfast

College du France E. 110

Suez E. 130

Hotel St Jacques E. 166

Villa Pantheon #. 166

Any particular comments and advice that would distinguish these, or make one more worth it than another? thanks very much

Thanks very much.

lytham uk
Level Contributor
91 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: left bank hotels comparison

hi there. I suggest you take a look at the general reviews of each here on trip advisor and garner from this whether or not you think each seems value for money. You're more likely to get the reactions of people who have stayed in any of them from the reviews. Sometimes people leave a review with the option that you can contact them to ask further questions too.

Remember though that reviews are subjective as are anything on these forums too.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: left bank hotels comparison

If you don't get much feedback in the forum (kind of difficult to find people who could compare multiple hotels if they haven't stayed in more than one in this list...) you can do what a normal anal-retentive type would do and start a spreadsheet.

List the hotel, the rate (* by Levant rate for incl breakfast), and add columns for things like:

- quiet / noise

- room amenities

- desk / service

- condition of the rooms

- easy to travel from

- easy to find nearby cafes, grocer, baker, whatever

Next, troll the TA review for each hotel and try to flag the above columns based on comments.

Then, at the end, you may have a summary comparison.

Slight less time-consuming: look them up on a map and see if any are on main arteries - these might be noisy if you are traveling when you need to open windows for cool air. (you won't need a/c in October, but you might sometimes want to circulate some air).

My memory thinks your selections are probably located in a fairly tight circle on the map, so overall location would be about equal.

While you are studying the locations on the map, be sure to note which are closest to TWO metro stops on different lines, if any - - that is a plus for convenience.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,796 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: left bank hotels comparison

Or save time and effort and go for hôtel du Collège de France which is a sure bet in my opinion (cute, clean in a great location) and has the best rate... unless you don't like the look of it but then it wouldn't be on your list...

San Diego...
Level Contributor
70 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: left bank hotels comparison

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

Brørup
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: left bank hotels comparison

While I don't know the hotels you mention, I'd suggest you use a specific hotel comparison web site with geo-look up such as www.hotelsverycheap.com

You'll need to be able to narrow down your search to a specific quarter so you'll need a specific tool for that... It's a site I use often.. there are tons out there...

They also show you what people rated the hotels like on tripadvisor and booking.com etc.

Cheers, Alex

6. Re: left bank hotels comparison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 00:47