We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

Hi, we are travelling with Airfrance from Dublin to Sofia through CDG in Paris. I just noticed we only have 50 minutes to make the connection from Terminal 2E to 2F and I am mortified we may miss our connection. Can someone help if this is a possible connection and how to get from 2E to 2F? Do we still have to go through security (our luggage will be checked all the way to Sofia)? Many thanks in advance.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

2E and 2F are in the same "building" per their PDF terminal map off the official website

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/…

direct link to pdf

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/Resources/fadfea90-b…

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

You can walk from 2E to 2F. I do not think you will need to go through security.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,544 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

Personally, I think it is crazy to try any connection through any airport of less than 2 hours. However, AF schedules these very short connect times at CDG often. Many people connect successfully but exactly how many do not AF probably does not want us to know. If you do miss the connection it will be up to AF to accommodate you on the next ¨available¨ flight which may or may not be the next scheduled flight.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

I also agree that 50 mins. is cutting it quite close. It is unfortunate how the airlines like Air France make these type of connection times. Anyway, I'm hopeful iandpCork will be able to connect without any problems.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

It's best to get information from the official source, so go to the Air France website, enter your Arriving From and Departing For cities for detailed instructions, directions, maps.

Air France does not schedule impossible connections. Yes, that's a tight one, but many people miss their connecting flights because they attempt to navigate CDG on their own or don't follow directions, or they don't double check the departure gate/terminal, whereupon they waste valuable time. There's no point allowing extra hours for a connection if you really don't need them.

Just be SURE to go to the transfer desk on landing, and verify your departing terminal/gate before proceeding.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

Thanks very much for the advice guys. Let's see how it goes. I found out AF have another flight to Sofia scheduled the same day a few hours later and there are still places on it so I hope we 'll be lucky. Many thanks again.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

Hi, I suggest taking the later flight. Spending a few hours at CDG is better than taking a chance on missing the earlier flight.

USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

djkbooks, you suggested consulting the Air France website to detemrine how to get from CDG's Terminal 2E to Terminal 2F. I don't see such a tool on the Air France website. Could you provide a link?

Thanks much!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,544 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

Here is a link that shows the Terminal 2 layout. However, if you are connecting this map will be of minimal value as you will follow the specific instructions provided by airport personal upon your arrival which may or may not include your taking a particular bus to your departure gate.

easycdg.com/pages/cdg_terminal_2_pagepag.html

Nanning, China
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E to 2F??

I have a similar situation to the OP so I thought best to keep it in this thread. I'm going from Lisbon to Hong Kong via CDG with Air France. I have a little more time 1hr 25 mins and changing from 2D to 2E. If I remember right there can be delays getting through CDG airport though - I think I had to get in a long queue to get through passport control even though I was transferring, so I'm also worried that I'm cutting it a bit fine. The next flight isn't for another 24 hours which will be too late for me. I've paid for the flight now so I don't think I can get a refund.

How likely is it do you think the chances are that I'll miss that flight?

Thanks for any further help