We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

I am going to Paris & have been told that there is no charges when use the Bank of America's debit card at BNP's ATM. My question is are those machine have the option to choose the language in English?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
80,463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

All ATMs in France have an option to work in English near the start of the process. Just select English or the British flag.

Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

That's great. I am very much appreciate for your help.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
563 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

Also be sure to notify BofA that you will be traveling and using your card in Paris (and wherever else). This can help avoid a fraud alert on your card.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
35,854 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

A huge number of the machines will immediately recognize your card as an American card and will automatically switch to English. If not, there's a selection button as above.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
80,463 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

That is interesting, Sunshine. I don't think I have ever found an ATM that recognises my card as Australian. This is not a problem, as I can easily select the language.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
35,854 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

not only are the ATM cards of our visiting friends and family automatically recognized as "English-speaking" (and not from the same bank), but my French ATM card automatically brings up French-language displays in the US and UK.

Edited: 10 August 2011, 18:30
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

Note that B of A does not charge their onerous $5 withdrawal free if you use a BNP terminal but most B of A customers will still pay the currency conversion fee just like everyone else pays.

What B of A likes to promote as ¨free¨ ATM withdrawals, charge you $5 to then save you $5, is really much to do about nothing.

Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

Yes, I did already & thanks so much.

Daly City, CA 94015
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

Thanks all.

10. Re: Banque Nationale De Paris ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 22:48