We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to get a custom-made perfume

Toronto
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Topic
where to get a custom-made perfume

Hi folks!

I just found this forum last week and it is such a great help planning a quick trip to Paris for me and my daughter. Thank you so much!

Something I'd like to do (maybe...) is to get a custom-made perfume - I've read about it but I'm wondering where in Paris it could be done and... (gulp!) what the cost is like. If anybody has suggestions it would be much appreciated!

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,698 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to get a custom-made perfume

There was an article on the subject in the Figaro a couple of weeks ago. Prices run from 2-10K euros for a bottle. I can't remember the various houses that offer the services (Guerlain is one of them).

Beyond the article Parfums de Nicolaï: 80, rue de Grenelle, 7e will make a custom fragrance for about a grand.

If this is too rich for your pocket book, these shops carry fragrances that you will not find at home. Malle's is the most unique.

Frédéric Malle, rue de Grenelle, 7th arr. http://editionsdeparfums.com

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier: 84 bis, rue de Grenelle, 7e

L'Artisan Parfumeur: 4, bld Raspail 7e

lUNX: 48-50 rue de l'Université paris 7e

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to get a custom-made perfume

If like me you like unique perfume you must paid a visit to Caron, either on Avenue Montaigne or Faubourg St-Honoré.

Lots of flagrance are not sold anywhere else. My favorite is Tabac Blond, a perfume created in the 20's that is very unique. Ask to smell Poivre. I do not know how to write it in English, it is very capiteux.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to get a custom-made perfume

Has anyone been to Fragonard museum & Outlet on St. Germain des pres? http://www.fragonard.com/@en-us/1/theme.asp

I have seen their purfume on sell @ high end Canadian chain Holt Renfrew approx. $150 for eau de parfume.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to get a custom-made perfume

Oh I forgot to mention the famous royal gelee creme from Fragonard & 10 miniture parfumes for 18euro. Good souvenirs, I think.

Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to get a custom-made perfume

I have been to the Fragonard shop on St. Germaine des Pres.

Be careful...lots of nice things!! I bought some nice gifts there and the royal jelly cream, body lotion..tried some samples...very nice...

This is not the museum however...the museum is near Opera Garnier...I do not recall the address but it is on the paris tourism web site. I do not know what their perfume prices are...the royal jelly cream was more than 1/2 off what you can get on line.