We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Paris on a Monday

Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
634 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Paris on a Monday

We will be in Paris from Sat afternoon until Tuesday afternoon. Been many times before so don't need to rush around seeing the main sights but do like to see/do one thing different each day. Planning on some shopping Saturday and a few glasses of wine and soak up the atmosphere in a bar watching the rugby (France v Wales in Paris)

Sunday plan on bird market, maybe another market too, and Museum Nissim de Camondo after.

Tuesday might try Catacombs or Montparnesse cemetery.

What little activity could we do on Monday when so much is closed???

Thanks

CA
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

Some museums are closed, but everything else is open.

What are your interests?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

The Louvre and most other museums are open on Monday. The Orsay and Versailles are closed.

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
298 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

I'm going to go to the Jaquemart-Andre Museum when I'm there a week from Monday. It's open every day.

Have a great trip,

Eve

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

We really enjoyed the Basilica St. Denis on our last trip. Many of the kings and queens of France are buried there. Easy to get to as well. Open Monday through Saturday.

Loches
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

"What little activity could we do on Monday when so much is closed???"

Are you sure it was Paris you went to before? In smaller towns things close, but in Paris it's more or less business as usual.

CA
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

The Jaquemart-Andre is our favorite small museum, as much for the architecture and interior decoration as well as for the art it contains, not to mention the cafe.

The architect was a rival of Charles Garnier, whose plan for the Opera actually placed second. It is said that in the design of the innovative double staircase in the Winter Garden of the mansion he gained his revenge.

Puget Sound
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

Weather permitting, how about picking a District you've not visited and walking it? Not sure which of the less touristed spots you may have missed, but perhaps the area north of Sacre Coeur (Rue Caulincourt area in the 18th), or Parc Buttes Chaumont in the 19th? (two of my favorites).

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

If the weather isn't so good -- even if it is -- I suggest the Memorial of the Shoah, if you haven't been. It's the Holocaust Museum in the Marais. It's open on Mondays and it's free. Most importantly, it is an excellent museum.

Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
634 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

Many thanks for great suggestions - had been looking at just walking around a new area - Bercy, Belleville? Interested in most things and willing to look at anything new.

Museums/sights I had looked at closed Monday - Orsay, Marmottan, Rodin,Orangerie, Catacombs, Carnavalet, Cernuschi, Contrafacon, Arts Decoratifs!

Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
634 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in Paris on a Monday

Thanks again - think I will visit the Jaquemart - Andre, and also have a walk around a new area! Can't wait!!