We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

Hi

I am taking my husband and 2 teenage daughters for a 3 day break in August and am considering purchasing 4 of these passes I have found online as I am on a budget i.

They are sold by a company called Conciergie.com.

They appear excellent value and comprise 2 free days public transport by metro bus funicular etc , entry to Louvre and Orsay Museums, Seine River Cruise and many reductions on entry to other attractions.

Can anyone vouch for the company and confirm these vouchers are legitimate and genuine before i buy them or get scammed .

Many thanks

Karen.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

Could you post a link to the part of the site that discusses the passes? I can't find the information by following the name. In order to help you, we would need to know the details.

There are other things you could buy for your transportation and museum entry while in Paris, but how can you expect us to give clear advice without your doing your homework? There is the Paris Viste Pass, the Museum Pass, the Mopblis Pass, and just getting carnets of Metro tickets.

Out here somewhere
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

This is not a good deal at all.

The two-day pass costs €42 per adult. I did not see a child's price. The Louvre costs €9.50 per adult, and is free for EU resident children. Musée d'Orsay costs €8 for adults and is again free for your teens.

4 passes at €42 = €168.

2 adult admissions to the Louvre and to Musée d'Orsay = €33.

You have therefore €135 to spend on transport and Seine cruises if you do not buy these passes.

Run quickly away from this "deal".

The URL is, in fact, http://conciergerie.com

Edited: 07 July 2010, 00:49
los angeles
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

Are you planning, in your short trip, to see both the Louvre and the D'Orsay museums? If not, then don't consider the "Combo Lite" pass.

Prices for the Louvre are 9.5 Euros daily (except Tues, when they are closed) or 6 Euros for the Wed and Fri evening admissions. Under 18, with valid ID, are free.

The D'Orsay admissions are 8 Euros, with those under 18 free.

There are many ways to save on Metro fare, and this depends on how often you will use the Metro. Metro fare info:

europeforvisitors.com/paris/articles/paris-m…

and

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187147-c3012/Paris:F…

There are also 3 companies that do the Seine cruises.

Decide the basics you'd like to do before purchasing any kind of pass, especially this one. Your costs may not total the price of this pass for 42 Euros. (And if you really plan to spend one of your 3 days in the Louvre, you may find that adding another fairly large museum like the D'Orsay will be overload.)

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

Thanks very much for your replies.I will think again.

I had looked at some of the other passes in related threads but as

we are based in 18th -NW Montmartre it seemed like a good deal given the area we have to cover in order to see and enjoy just a few of our priority sites.

As we are there for only 3 days I thought it might also save us some time and hassle when we get there. Apparently not !

I have a real dilemma with the Museum question , I myself love art museums and favour the Louvre but my dtrs of 15 and 19 might well prefer the D,Orsay and as you say find both together overload.

I was planning to restrict the time to 3 hrs max in the one of their choice .Would this be sufficient if we focus on specific areas ?

Thanks again

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

You can check other messages on this Forum, but I believe I read that many of the pieces from the D'Orsay are traveling overseas right now. That being said, when I was there in November I ended up staying about 5 hours in the D'Orsay, though my plan was to stay only 2-3 hours! Just too good to leave!

Research what you are interested in seeing at the D'Orsay, then find out if the pieces are actually present. You may end up choosing the Louvre by this default.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

A carnet of 10 tickets each good for one right by métro/RER or bus anywhere within Paris proper and including transfers, costs €12. (Note: you cannot transfer between the bus and métro/RER networks using the same ticket.) If you each used 5 tickets a day — and most visitors would probably use fewer — your total cost for 3 days would be €72 or €24 each. If you think you would use more than 5 tickets a day each you could purchase multiple Zones 1-2 one day Mobilis passes costing €6.10 each. Your daughters are counted as adults for the purposes of métro/bus fares *unless* you are travelling over a weekend in which case there is a special one day pass called the Ticket Jeunes Weekend valid on Saturdays and Sundays for which they would qualify. This costs #3.40 and would actually be a better buy fopr them than the carnets.

http://www.ratp.info/informer/mobilis.php

ratp.info/informer/ticket_jeune_week_end.php

You could spend a month in the Louvre, several days in the Musée d'Orsay and still not have really seen everything. You might consider the Orangerie or the Rodin museum either of which is smaller, still very much worth seeing (understatement...) and perhaps would be more interesting for your daughters.

Edited: 07 July 2010, 20:43
7. Re: Paris combo pass Lite 2 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 12:46