We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is "specialty lodging"?

winnipeg
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
What is "specialty lodging"?

What does Tripadvisor define as specialty lodging?

One of the hotels we are seriously considering for our trip to Paris is the Hotel Littre, which is listed under the specialty lodging category, but looks like a hotel to me.

What is the reason for listing it there instead of under hotels?

(If anyone has an opinion on this hotel , it would, of course, be welcome as well)

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,982 Reviews
from US$ 39.56*
US$ 43.95
Special Offer
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
795 Reviews
from US$ 37.48*
US$ 41.64
Best Seller
Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Dinner...
793 Reviews
from US$ 79.81*
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: What is "specialty lodging"?

Yes. Hotel Littre is a hotel. It probably got classified as a 'specialty lodging' by mistake. When it's pulled up the name shown on the top right of the TA page says 'Hotel Le Littre Lodge, Paris'.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7,078 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: What is "specialty lodging"?

At first I though there must have been two hotels the same name, and a bit of confusion, Then I realised - a hotel can claim to be left bank even though it's within spitting distance of Montparnasse tower, the same way that any hotel north of the river can claim to be in the Marais...

3. Re: What is "specialty lodging"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 11:47