We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review - Shuttle-inter

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Review - Shuttle-inter

Hello,

Just got back from Paris w/the family. I would like tell everyone we used Shuttle-inter for our transportation from CDG to Paris and back. I would like to add my two cents and say they are a fantastic company! On our trip from Chicago to Paris, the plane was delayed by 1 hour due to weather. I was so worried I would have to call Shuttl-inter when I arrived, but after getting our luggage, the driver was right outside the baggage claim section waiting for us with a sign with our name on it. He was so polite and if I guessed correctly, could speak at least three languages, english being one, thank god. Also, he was kind enough to use his cellphone to call the apartment representative for us to say we were on our way. Knew his way around Paris, got us to our apartment in no time and even had a car seat ready for my baby, something I neglected to ask for when booking. The booking process is very easy and painless. You go on their website, give your information and within hours they email you back with confirmation and price. You do not have to pay until they drop you off, and they ask for cash. Also, they charged the least amount of money for us. They asked for 90 euro for 7 of us as opposed to 100 euros that the other shuttle companies were asking. The only bad thing is on our return trip, the driver was 30 mins late, but told us in advance and was very apologetic. It worked out well for us since he still managed to get us to the airport 2h20min ahead of the flight with a lot of Paris traffic to fight through, and we made it to the gate with time to spare. I definitely recommend this shuttle company!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

It is good to hear of your successful shuttle experience.

Shuttles can be a good solution for large groups. However arriving for pickup 30 minutes late is very troubling. A shuttle that late can be an annoyance when departing the airport but if you are trying to catch a flight, particularly a trans-Atlantic flight, 30 minutes can be the difference between making your flight home and being left behind. There is a reason why those who travel through CDG often say time and time again be at the airport 3 hours in advance. One additional unknown: a flat tire, a security problem, a traffic accident, or any other unforeseen and your tickets home would not be worth the paper they were printed on.

I am glad you made your flight with only 2+20 but for me this is indeed a discouraging account as yours is not the first post outlining a late Shuttle-Inter pickup.

tripadvisor.com/…16704308

new jersey
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

Thank you for the information. My husband and I are headed to Paris next month and we're thinking of using them. I'd rather have a ride pre-arranged than take a taxi to our hotel.

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

I'm usually a taxi girl, but Shuttle Inter gets so many excellent reviews that I might switch to them. 55 euros, that is about only 5 euros more than I pay to Montmartre with a taxi.

Edited: 14 March 2010, 22:18
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

I guess I'm confused by the post ==

Why would you give a glowing review to a company that left you waiting at the door for 30 minutes while you worried about being on time for your flight?

Could I ask -- were you just impressed with the personal sign and the fact that he could speak English? That's a fair impression, of course -- but isnt that also expected from any limo driver anywhere in the world?

Just curious -- I am trying to figure out which service to hire and I was really enthused when I started reading. Not so much when I finished. Maybe you could help??

Shropsire
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

How long does the shuttle take?

I read that it could be 75 minutes to the Latin quarter would that be about right?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

You were lucky that you made it to your gate at all let alone with time to spare. Obviousty CDG was having a quieter than average day. On a busier than average day you could have been left standing with some very expensive and worthless pieces of paper in your hands and an airline telling you that they would be happy to accommodate your family on the next flight with available seats, perhaps three or four days away. You don't even want to think about how much those last minute one way tickets would have cost you. My guess is that your topic would then have said something along the lines of "NEVER use Shuttle-Inter!!!! WORST EVER!!!!" Yet the company would have done nothing different and would certainly not have accepted any responsibility for your loss.

I do not understand why, when the company told you they would be 30 minutes late, you didn't tell them to cancel the booking. Two taxis would likely have cost you little if any more than the €90 you were paying Shuttle-Inter and a whole lot less than the thousands of dollars it would have cost you if you had failed to make it through security before your flight closed. I certainly would not let a shuttle driver who has absolutely nothing at stake dictate my arrival time at CDG. Instead you were "so worried" about being mildly inconvenienced because your shuttle might not have been there when you arrived, something else I don't quite understand.

For me taking a shuttle FROM CDG may be justifiable somehow, though it s not anything I would ever do. If your shuttle is late or a no-show when you arrive you will only be inconvenienced by losing an hour or two of your vacation and at worst be out of pocket a few tens of €uros. Taking a shuttle, ANY shuttle TO CDG is an unacceptable risk IMO when the cost of a late or no-show shuttle can run into tens of thousands of dollars. There are times when the only acceptable risk is the least possible risk consonant with being reasonable...

Don't all these people who advocate using shuttles in Paris never wonder why Parisians never do? Are they really all stupider than us 'Murricans? Or do they know something we seem to be unwilling to understand?

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

Irish, I agree that the 30 minutes delay was unacceptable, but otherwise I hear nothing but praise about this company.

I can tell you that I have been waiting for taxis, ordered over the phone, also for longer time than promised. Taxis are OK, but with the price being the same, more or less, I'd prefer a private "chauffeur" any day. Who'll even take my suitcase !!!

Also many taxi drivers in Paris drive like madmen, speeding insanely and not keeping a proper safety distance to the vehicles in front of them. I expect a private "chauffeur" to drive more sensibly. Can't tell you why, but I'd think they have more respect for their customers than ordinary taxi drivers.

I have never tried a private shuttle before, but just booked Shuttle Inter to come and pick me up at CDG in April. We'll see how that is. Promise to give full report !!!

Edited: 15 March 2010, 02:07
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

OK -- I need to get from my hotel to CDG. I need someone to come and get me because I cannot drag the luggage through the streets.

Recommendations?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
473 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

Try Golden Air - Luxury Van Service - Paris, France - Reservation at paris-airport-shuttle-limousine.com/english/…

Or if you pack light you can do the RER Train from Paris to Roissy-Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Airport at parisbytrain.com/rer-train-from-paris-to-roi…

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review - Shuttle-inter

Giite -

I hear you, but I'm reminded about an earlier thread on this very topic when one of the shuttle *adviocates* said, with a perfectly straight face, that shuttles are reliable 90% of the time. Good. So now I only have a 10% chance of missing a flight with a resulting loss of thousands of dollars, and in the case of the OP more than 10K dollars, probably way more? You understand risk. Even if the risk is less than 10% it is still unnecessary and if it is above zero is unacceptably high.

>>>I need someone to come and get me because I cannot drag the luggage through the streets.<<<

That's why there are taxis in Paris...