We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7th recommendations for food and nightlife

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
7th recommendations for food and nightlife

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to Paris next week for four days with my partner and another couple. We're staying at the Derby Eiffel Hotel in the 7th. Does anyone have any suggestions for food and nightlife??

We are fairly adventurous, but aren't looking to spend a fortune on dinners (preferably $40 or less for the whole thing). Any suggestions?

Furthermore, what are some suggestions to do after dinner? We like to go to bars and some clubs here in dc, but are open to anything...

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Derby Eiffel Hotel
Derby Eiffel Hotel
620 Reviews
Paris, France
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7th recommendations for food and nightlife

For good food and service, La Terrasse du 7e on rue La Motte-Piquet, just beside the exit from Métro École Militaire. You can have a nice dinner for 2 for 50-60 euros depending on your choice of wine

Mentioned in this post
Le Piquet
Le Piquet
267 Reviews
Paris, France
Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7th recommendations for food and nightlife

Don't forget that for most Parisians, going out to dinner is the whole evening taken up - you will arrive at 7.30, and not have to leave until the restaurant closes. Most evenings at a restaurant a French person will spend 2 - 3 hours over a couple of courses - itisn't arrive, and you're bundled out just as you swallow the last mouthful.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
314 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7th recommendations for food and nightlife

If I were staying where you are, I would try Les Cocottes, Chez l'Ami Jean (LOVED that place. Get some pork, get the rice pudding for dessert), Bon Acccueil. In the 6th, I would try Fish, which I always love for my first night in Paris when I'm brain dead and can barely speak/understand french. Everyone speaks english there. Other good places in the 6th are Le Comptoir, Horses Tavern (both of these places are at the Carrefour de l'Odeon), and Le Timbre.

I wish I was visiting this year! Have a wonderful time!

Mentioned in this post
L'Ami Jean
L'Ami Jean
1,045 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Le Comptoir
Le Comptoir
274 Reviews
Paris, France
Le Timbre
Le Timbre
603 Reviews
Paris, France
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7th recommendations for food and nightlife

Any suggestions for a 'night on the town'? I'm used to DC prices (no cover, $6 for a beer etc.) is that completely unreasonable for Paris?

Half of the group (myself and my partner) are gay and wouldn't mind one night of going out to the gay bars. We aren't exactly gucci wearing adonises, any suggestions for that too?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7th recommendations for food and nightlife

Try Auberge Bressane at 16 Ave La Motte Piquet. Make a reservation at 01 47 05 98 37. Do try the Grosse Bouchéee. It's a wowser!

Mentioned in this post
Auberge Bressane
Auberge Bressane
508 Reviews
Paris, France
Le Piquet
Le Piquet
267 Reviews
Paris, France
6. Re: 7th recommendations for food and nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 11:02