We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

USA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

Can anyone recommend a specific apartment in a lower arrondisement near the Seine, for less than 100 euros a night? At the moment, I have a 2 star hotel booked in the Rue Cler area for 135 euros a night. I expect to stay four nights, and 135 euros a night is a bit of a budget buster.

I've been told renting a small studio apartment / efficiency (e.g. like a hotel room but with a small kitchen) would be a much better value than a 135 euro a night hotel room. I realize hotel rooms in Paris are small, and apartments are probably similarly small. Fine by me as I'm used to tiny cruise ship cabins as well as college dorm rooms. Not a problem.

My main requirements are:

-- Preferably on a quiet side street (me and my wife are light sleepers)

-- In a safe, non-dodgy area

-- Able to pick up the key late (flight does not arrive at CDG until ~ 19:30 (7:30 pm).

-- Clean

-- Fairly close to a Metro (e.g. no more than a few blocks)

-- Short walking distance ( < 20 mins) to major attractions.

Don't care if it's up many flights of stairs (I'm a hiker).

If you can't recommend a specific apartment, can you recommend a good apartment rental site? I've heard vrbo.com is good, as well as vacations in paris. There are so many apartment rental sites, in fact, that I don't know how to differentiate them. Are certain ones better than others in terms of customer service, cancellation policies, etc? Seems none of them offer traveler-provided reviews. None that I know of anyway.

Any studio apartments you've rented to steer clear of?

Finally, how do I tell the dodgy and seedy streets from the non-dodgy and non-seedy streets? In places like Brooklyn, NY--so I've heard--very nice streets are adjacent to scary, very un-nice streets. Is the same true of Paris? This is why I'm hoping for specific recommendations; or at the very least, for specific streets.

Thanks very much.

Mike

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$ 75.40*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
728 Reviews
from US$ 49.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$ 104.10*
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

Hi Mike. I can recommend an inexpensive studio apartment in the 2nd arrondissement through Centreparis.

Here's a link to my full review, which includes a link to the apartment.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k27840…

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

I can second centreparis. I think it may be the only place you will find what you are looking for at the price you are hoping to pay. They charge no agency fee, no security deposits. The price you see is the price you pay. There is a small cleaning fee IF you elect to take it. Normally runs between 25 and 45 euros - depending upon the size of the apt. you rent.

Good luck.

USA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

Thank you.

Any other recommendations?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

Try www.parisbestlodge.com

Thierry has some apartments for 650-800/week and most are either in the Marais or St Germain de Pres. No upfront security deposit (except a cheque in your currency that he does not cash) and no cleaning fees. We have rented from him twice and been very satisfied with his service and the apartments.

Jo

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

Vacation in Paris (www.vacationinparis.com) has one over the area you already are booked, in your price range (I rented it for family last June, and thought for the price it was fine). Unfortunately, you are very late in trying to book in a popular area so hard to know whether they would have availability. I suggest giving them a call and also asking for any other suggestions they may have that would fit your requirements.

As to scary, etc., areas, I don't think I would have any hesitation n any of the inner arrondisements (the single-digit ones) and the next outward ring generally also is fine. I think you will find that if you stick to a known agency and central area, you won't have issues like that. Just use typical "big city smarts" when walking around at night and you likely will feel more comfortable than in a US city of comparable size.

6. Re: Studio apt in lower arrondisement for 100 euros or less?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 11:48