We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

lincoln
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

hi there.

My wife and i will be having a 4 night stay in paris in july 09. this will be our first trip to paris, so really looking forward to it. however, after lookin on net, and on trip advisor for suitable hotels in the la defense area, that will accomadate 2 adults, and 2 infants( age 2 and 4months old) i cannot for the life of me find any hotels that will do this; and be in my budget!!!which is £100 a night. it would be brilliant if anyone could suggest any hotels for me.

Mentioned in this post
La Defense
La Defense
1,447 Reviews
Paris, France
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

I'm assuming your want La Defense b/c of business mtgs. there? If not necessary to stay there, you would have many more options if you'd widen your target area.

Mentioned in this post
La Defense
La Defense
1,447 Reviews
Paris, France
lincoln
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

hi there, thanks for reply. might sound silly, but i have a passion for buildings, and this was my reason for staying here! i have looked nearer to the center of paris to, but have struggled finding decent accomadtion for my party size. however, if you know of any suitable hotels, that would be brilliant

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

Maybe you could repost and leave La Defense out of the title and people who have traveled with young children could offer some help? I'm sorry not to know how Paris hotels work with young families; here in USA it is easy to get portable cribs, but I don't think it's that way in France. Someone will know.

IMO, you will find many more charming places to stay with a family than La Defense; a nearby park might be nice for your two year old.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
La Defense
La Defense
1,447 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
France
France
Europe
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

I think your best bet might be Hotwire.com

Unlike Priceline's "Name your own Price" that only guarantees a room for 2, Hotwire allows you to add children.

I just tried it for an arbitrary date in April for 2 adults and 2 children and got 2 results. One is at the airport which you don't want... the other is for the Hotwire area called Eiffel Tower-d'Orsay-Invalides for $144 US a night. Close to your budget. And I am willing to bet the hotel is the ex Eiffel Tower Hilton, now a Pullman Hotel. Not a bad deal.

If unfamiliar with Hotwire I strongly recommend using betterbidding.com to learn the ropes.

Good luck!

Rob

Mentioned in this post
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
1,21,913 Reviews
Paris, France
Florida
Level Contributor
17,371 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

You do NOT want to be traipsing back and forth from La Defense to Paris with infants, unless you will have no need to pop in/out of your hotel during the day.

You can look into the Novotel hotels, which usually have a double bed and 2 single beds (actually a sort of divisible sofa). If the 2-year old is too small for that, they will provide a cot. The Novotel by Gare de Lyon gets good comments, and there's one on the Left Bank, but I'm forgetting which one it is.

Mentioned in this post
La Defense
La Defense
1,447 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris Gare de Lyon
Paris Gare de Lyon
255 Reviews
Paris, France
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

Apartments are very popular in Paris, and I think with young children it would be a good solution. Hotel rooms tend to be very small. The four night stay could be a problem, as most agencies prefer to rent for a week at a time, but there are agencies that will rent for less than a week.

Another poster just returned from renting Vacation In Paris #1 which has a Queen size bed and a trundle bed for the children and is $155 U.S. per night (roughly 110 Pounds). You could contact them and find out if it is available for your dates. http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_01.htm

La Defense is pretty far off the beaten track for most tourists. The Ibis in La Defense was recommended on another site as a decent budget hotel.

Are you bringing some sort of bassinet for the baby to sleep in?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
La Defense
La Defense
1,447 Reviews
Paris, France
7. Re: hotel in la defense for 2 adults and 2 infants- need help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 07:49