We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

Stratford upon Avon
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

Hi,

I am travelling to Paris in May of this year and was wondering if anyone knows if you can pre book tickets for The Eiffel Tower?! I've heard that the queues are pretty long and was hoping to try and bypass them if i can.

Also, can you pre book tickets to The Louvre?

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Bex. x

USA
Level Contributor
28,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

NOPE...you can't pre-book entry tickets to the Eiffel Tower.

YUP...yopu can pre-purchase entry tickets to Musée du Louvre--

en.parisinfo.com/online-boutique/louvre-en/

www.louvre.fr/llv/pratique/billetterie.jsp

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

The only way to pre-book is to make reservations at one of the two restaurants. My son and I just came back--we felt brilliant for having figured that out in advance! We had a lovely lunch at Altitude 95 restaurant (the less pricey of the two restaurants). I made reservations/paid in advance online.

restaurants-toureiffel.com/english/restauran…

There was no line outside, but a small (5 minute or so) wait to get on elevator once inside bottom. Lunch was delicious and with such a splendid view.

Also visit this site...full of great info:

http://www.parisinfo.com/

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

At altitude95 prices I would expect to be carried up to the restaurant personally by the chef.

It doesn't help with the lines on getting to the upper level though, does it

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

To WizardofAus, I wonder if you're thinking of the other more pricey restaurant, Jules Verne at the upper level of Eiffel Tower? Altitude95 wasn't cheap, but the food was high quality, exceptional service, and a genuine, worthwhile treat while in Paris.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

Nope, I was thinking altutude 95. I usually eat for less than the cost of an aperatif and a coffee at altitude 95.

I am starting to change my mind about going up teh Eiffel Tower though. At least you can't see it when youre up tehre..........

Mykonos, Greece
Level Contributor
549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

If you don't do the restaurant thing, get to Eiffel first thing in the morning. Yes you can prebook Louvre, or even do a multi museum pass, but the Louvre is set up for big crowds so there isn't usually a big line. You might want to do the Orangerie where the huge Monet water lilies are, it's right by the Louvre at the other end of the Tuileries and is really beautiful and peaceful, they just finished redoing it last year or so.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

You can prebook Eiffel Tower tickets if you can find 19 close friends to go up with you. The group tours can pre-book, and in my experience this means that if your group arrives on time, you get up the tower very quickly.

I know you probably aren't going in a group, but I mention this because if you're tight on time, you can book some sort of bus tour or walking tour that includes a trip up to the Tower and maybe get a little more sightseeing done in a short period.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

Does anyone know if you can just go to Altitude 95 for dessert? It is way too expensive for me, but I'd like to at least check it out, and the warm chocolate cake with bourbon vanilla ice cream sounds great!

USA
Level Contributor
28,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

>>>Does anyone know if you can just go to Altitude 95 for dessert? It is way too expensive for me, but I'd like to at least check it out, and the warm chocolate cake with bourbon vanilla ice cream sounds great!<<<

Sure...no problem...all you'd need to do is reserve the WHOLE restaurant for the day.

Otherwise you can't just '..drop-in..' for a drink or coffee & dessert at either Jules Verne or Altitude 95.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you pre-book tickets to The Eiffel Tower?

I guess that was a pretty naive question, eh? Sorry about that! I figured that out when I went back to the website and started just playing around trying to book dates. I tried everything from next week to next January, and it came up unavailable. Anyway, it's really not something we care about that much. We've already been to the tower itself, and I have to go again in June when I'm chaperoning a group from my middle school. I can live withouth the restaurant! Thanks KDK.