We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

I know there's a bus to Montparnasse but I don't know the fee and/or if there's one going to the Eiffel Tower area. Any advise?

Paris
Level Contributor
643 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

Cheapest would be to walk, but if using transport I would say take the RER B from CDG, change at St Michel to the RER C, and go to either Pont d'Alma or Tour Eiffel stop. Ticket is around 8 €.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

I'm sure that you know much better and please don't think I'm being disrespectful but i'm a bit confused because when I was there 5 years ago, we took the bus from CDG to Montparnasse and it seemed like a very long trip (an hour at least).

Is CDG that close the Montparnasse area?

CA
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

RER B to Gare du Nord and the 42 city bus.

The Air France Bus to Porte Maillot and the 82 city bus. This would take less time than the first one, but the 42 has a very nice route. There is also RER C from Porte Maillot.

I cvan tell you how to find the bus stops.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

I'd love to know. Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

>>>one going to the Eiffel Tower area<<<

WHERE ??...name of hotel ?? ...address??...in "..the Eiffel Tower area.." are you trying to get to from CDG ??? NOT-so-petty-DETAIL like this make a difference.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

Wow... Not having a good day KDKSAIL?

Just got the hotel info (below) and yes, I'm flying to CDG.

Hilton

18 Avenue De Suffren

Paris, 75015

Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
301 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

I stayed at that Hilton and took the 42 from gare du nord. A very scenic and nice ride about half hour in the traffic and the paris hilton

is the eyesoor through the park.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

The hotel advisesd to take line RER B, direction Robinson/Sain-Remy lès Chevreuse. Change at Saint Michel - Notre Dame and take Line RER C, direction Versailles/Saint Quentin en Yvelines/Pontoise/Argenteuil. Get off at Champs De Mars/Tour Eiffel, then walk along Suffren Avenue for 110 yards.

BUT... According to them, the nearest subway train station is closed for renovations. The next subway train station is only 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Does anybody have an idea of what station I should get off? I'm leaving tonight and I'm nervous. :(

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,109 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

" The hotel advisesd to take line RER B, direction Robinson/Sain-Remy lès Chevreuse. Change at Saint Michel - Notre Dame and take Line RER C, direction Versailles/Saint Quentin en Yvelines/Pontoise/Argenteuil. Get off at Champs De Mars/Tour Eiffel, then walk along Suffren Avenue for 110 yards.

BUT... According to them, the nearest subway train station is closed for renovations. The next subway train station is only 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Does anybody have an idea of what station I should get off? I'm leaving tonight and I'm nervous. :("

Get off at the Champs De Mars./ Tour Eiffel station as they directed you. The reference to a closed subway station is for the Metro, which is not the same as an RER train. The closed station is Bir-Hakiem, which is closest to the Hilton. But this has nothing to do with the directions given to you above by the hotel.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the cheapest way to go from CDG to the Eiffel Tower?

Great! Thanks!!!